Help me figure this issue out, please?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Jimmie1982, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Jimmie1982

Jimmie1982 I need me some PIE!

I can't get Pox to operate right, and it's just the last 3 or 4 days that I've been having issues. I've done everything I can think of, but no luck. Once in game the lag is horrendous, and it's just the Pox Nora application doing this. For example, one opening round in a skirmish takes me just under 6 minutes to be ready to click end turn...

Anyone have any ideas for me?

error.JPG

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, that is odd. What are your computer's specs CPU, GPU, RAM, and OS? Has this been always happening since returning and downloading Pox Nora?

3. Jimmie1982

It seems to have just recently happened, and only in Pox. I don't know all the specs, but it's Windows 7 and 6gb RAM. I run Diablo 3 without issues and Photoshop is probably my most memory sucking program, (I paint at 4000x4000 & 144 ppi). Both work fine. :(

4. Jimmie1982

I've also Uninstalled java to manually upgrade and updated my video card a few times to be sure. Restored my laptop to before I installed pox, shut down all non essential programs, etc. I'm lost.

5. Senshu

Hmm, did you recently download a Windows security update or update any of your security software? It could be a security protocol conflict where one of the programs does not properly recognize Pox Nora. You might want to try lowering your security settings or temporally disable your antivirus software to see if that impacts your performance when running Pox Nora.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Jimmie1982 likes this.
  6. Jimmie1982

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

7. Jimmie1982

Got it fixed. Not sure what did it, but I reset EVERYTHING just to be sure...

8. Senshu

Yeah, when there is a software or security conflict it often ends up being like that. You did something, not sure what, but somehow it worked.

But, it is good to hear you were able to resolve your problem.

9. Jimmie1982

Yeah. Question for you, though. Any chance you guys could get me another 3 day gold boost? I used the one I had, then couldn't play the entire time. :(

10. Senshu

Unfortunately, we do not refund activated gold bonus tokens. Fortunately, the gold bonus tokens are a common reward for our weekend tournaments, so you should be able to earn more. This weekend is CP token rewards.

11. Jimmie1982

Awesome, thanks.