Help needed to recreate Devil's BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Gnomes, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Devilswrath played a very interesting FW/IS split that looked a bit like this: Capture.PNG

I remember the premise but i cant for the life of me remember any of the other runes.

The bg focused on crown of barbs on units and spamming cheap spells, this would heal up friendly champs and damage enemy's.

one of the coolest combos i ever have seen was done here with Mercy, that would bring enemy champs back to life, giving you the nora, but the double chopping blocks would make short work of them so they did not really get to use them again.

Anybody remember the rest of this bg?

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Gnomes likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

AAH Thanks! so it seems to be meta champs with that specific rune spell/equip set. How would we make this look now? what are the respective meta units in factions now? @Markoth @themacca

This is what i have so far:
    Capture.PNG

EDIT: Becuase nepy and drache and sheepy are the meta kings @nepyonisdead @Slencer

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Festering wounds might be better than decay here. Life drinker and night barbs heal you.

Gnomes likes this.
  7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

changed it thanks

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

You guys are great! I keep refining it!

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

arent there more split heros you could be running?

Gnomes likes this.
  11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I Wish! but you are only aloud one split hero! or else i would be running timothy

12. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Think you might be better off with a 2nd Hammerstrike or Steal Life instead of Disarm.

Also think you need some anti-summon in there...

Desecration is 25 nora, meaning it has a cd 5, so I dont think you really need 2 of those. Besides, often you might hit yourself due to the huge AoE. If you must keep 2 of those you might not need excavator since you can get rid of relics in AoE 5.

13. Tweek516

You run desecration 2x or 0x. 2x in this BG for sure.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I would say depths of despair, but my guess is that spell is garbage. What about favor for reduced spell costs?

I forgot about that, split hero thing. Allowed. but you can run any hero you want that is split right? Doesn't have to be fw, or is

15. Tweek516

Nope, has to be FW or IS

16. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Blockade is something important that Excavator brings. Seism for relics Desecration can't reach is gravy.

Gnomes likes this.
  17. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

I'm seeing a lot of lot of low hp champs. I would try to keep that to a minimum, especially if you want to get chops out early. The global dam on Blood Phoenix is great, but low hp makes it a target for chops , so I think it's a mistake. Even though it's only 45 hp, I think that Kingmaker could have a spot. Bubble helps keep the hp up on your units and ofc all the other stuff he brings to the board.

18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

ye, put in excavater instead of pheonix, was thinking the same thing. takes up the same spot as kingmaker does kinda. (both with blockade)

19. Tweek516

The blocks will be hitting the mercy champs a lot, so high HP pools matters less than you might think (but still matters).

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

@devilsrath please comment :D
    the last bg is what i have ended up with, but what are you playing?