Help needed

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Ramymanify, May 31, 2017.

1. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

Hello guys, how are you doing?
    Its been a very long while away from pox, and now I am back to my favorite faction,
    problem is I have no idea whats good in current meta but also fun

I now have invested heavily in UD/FW

so I want to ask, If I have good amount of shards and many good exotics and legendaries, what are the best BGs, being used for UD or UD/FW splits

Many thanks in advance.

2. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Hi, I am not that up to date with what is best in UD but do be sure to take advantage of poxbox if you dont already. You can sometimes get better value than using the sharding system.

If you check around this forum mogabait has spoken about, and shared his mino BG which he is playing quite successfully.

Obsidian Venger from FW just had some very nice changes and could most certainly make a fun BG around that.

3. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

4. Ramymanify

Thank you so much,
    really appreciated.

5. Ramymanify

Oh snap I forgot about poxbox, that was years ago, I binge sharded everything I did not need, oh well, it is what it is.
    Where Can I get to forums that post BGs for newbies like me to look through, I can't find a thread here on the forums that speaks specifically about UD/FW Bgs and their themes/competitiveness
    I used to look at cool themes like (Vampires/spirits/Bleed Demons) But now although I have a good amount of exp runes for UD/FW I need BGs that offer competitiveness and fun.

Sorry for the rant.

6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Just run almost everything you would want, the rank pvp is so dead atm, hopefully they will reset rank ladder and start a new season. also if you got gold and dont need to use it, save it because they are changing the marketplace so dont buy packs unless you have to.
    and alot of abilities has changed, sometimes i feel it had been better if i hadnt played 10years ago and had some kind of memory of how abilities work

7. Ramymanify

Any idea when is that happening ?
    And yeah I got gold saved up from years before, thank you for letting me know,
    only thing I did was shard extra runes in any faction I don't want atm, I hope that wasn't a dumb move.

8. Hierokliff

No we did expect it to come at the same time as PS4 client, but it had to be put on hold.
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/preview-pack-updates.25146/
    its a huge difference, first alot cheaper packs, then higher chance of getting rare-leg runes.

think sharding is the way to go, all old runes costs so little at poxbox and you get 1 free rune for each skirmish/campaign game, same type and ratio as in core packs.

9. Ramymanify

Do you think it'd be a bad thing to buy an extended box now, got the gold for it, besides, the last expansion I saw was coalitions, got so many runes to get xD
    Itching to buy, but you say the maket will change and the gold will be more useful to hoard for now, trying to decide here.

Thanks in advance.

10. Hierokliff

I horde gold, and been doing it for 3 months since i saw that post. But that post is from nov 2016 so players have been waiting for those new packs and marketplace for 7months, i dont think it will take another 7months, maybe within 7 weeks? :)

Alot of the runes from the extended box you can get very cheap from poxbox by crafting something thats expensive instead there. Using the free runes you get after every BOT game. if its commons/uncommons i just forge them, but rare-legendary i look at poxbox first too see if they are cheap there and if so what should i forge instead and trade.

hmm its 32k gold, alot of nice runes and tokens, buy it if you dont get mad if the expansion is in a week and you would have got 4x as much value for those 32k gold :)

Ramymanify likes this.
  11. Ramymanify

Thanks , you mentioned comparing between poxbox value for rune and sharding, I remember doing that with an equation I forgot unfortunately, do you have any idea how to compare rares and exotics , sharding vs trading ?

And I think I'll hoard as well :D

12. Hierokliff

hmm maybe there is some equation?
    i just do poxbox sellvalue / forge shards
    legendary 373800 / 800 = 467 ratio
    exotic 229600 / 500 = 459 ratio
    rare 41160 / 80 = 515 ratio
    so the best ratio was a rare, but those goes down so fast if you try to make many of the same.

if a rune i want cost alot less then what the best valued rune is of the same tier i make that and trade, most of the time i get a level 2-3 rune instead also so i can save my tokens.

13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

For UD FW try ink blight witches and Ireguards. Also Monstrosities with Shields of darkness. Elsari Helm and Bazaar

14. Ramymanify

Is that a Bg I can look at, an anti-range BG perhaps ?

Can you send me some Image I can understand better :)
    Thanks in advance.

15. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I don't know how to post decks here, but the general idea is to nullify range through arroweater champs; nullify spells through DMZ from shrines, champs, relics and spells; nullify / limit attacks through oblivion shields and AP reduction mechanics such as Elsari Helm, Monstrosity aura, etc.

Equip the Ireguards with Tempest Crowns and keep them in DMZ. Kill shatter champs.

Increase AP through Elsari Bazaar and cleric of unrest's invigorate.

It's not a bad deck and quite straightforward.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017