Help w/poor man's Fire BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by nitebane21, Mar 9, 2014.

1. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I got 1 box so far and had a bunch of old c/uc that I sac'd for some crystals and out of that it looked like UD Fire was about the only thing I had going. Any advice would be good, I don't have exos or very many rares.

2xArachnodemon
    1xDeep Leviathan
    2xEmber Wasp
    2xFire Elemental
    2xGoblin Arsonist
    1xGoblin Gloombringer
    2xLavaflow Devourer
    2xNefari Fireslinger
    2xNightmare

1xBreath of Ash
    1xCauterize
    1xErupt
    2xFire Blast
    1xBorgha

2xFire Ruby
    1xOrb of Protection

2xDemonshield
    2xFlameheart Pauldron
    1xMolten Cloak

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

3. nitebane21

Cool thanks I'll give it a shot! It'll be awhile before I can craft Grimlic tho.

4. GabrielQ

about that, you may want to wait until poxbox is working instead of crafting it.

5. Zlyne

Zlyne The King of Potatoes

6. nitebane21

Wow thanks dude! styles083 is the name.

7. Zlyne

Zlyne The King of Potatoes

No problem. I have a few of the christmas ones or w/e so i didnt need that one. lol

8. nitebane21

Having nothing to trade means its either crafting or grinding tons and tons of gold for boxes. So far, neither one is particularly fun.

9. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

There is a distinct lack of demonliches in gabs example. liches are 2x auto in fire theme always, no exceptions. If you don't have them do not even bother running this theme.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjBCdBC6-CkuCuIC8pCh2C1psys4@s7FS2lS8fs86r3qr3Tr20e2gE2K
    This is not a poor mans fire bg but is hardly expensive either. It is a fire acolyte bg. Ive seen this deck heal a sheoul demon from empty to full in 1 turn through fireeater and acolyte. If you can position for a magma elemental knockback into a firewall you can 1 turn anything. There is enough alt damage + cauldron here to work around fire immunity quite easily.
    I don't like relying on fires long rangers in this bg. It has always held true...lose grimlic lose the game. Same goes for fireslingers.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. nitebane21

LOL! Thanks, but your BG suggestion breaks down to:
    2xLegendaries
    8xExos
    9xRares

Hardly expensive? Not exactly how I would describe it. Something to aspire to after I grind 5mil gold I suppose.

Here's what I currently am working with:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVC29CiOCdOcdPc60cbCh2c99C3Ms4@s7FS2ls21R2r20ENe24e1Je2ge2K

It doesn't work well. Fire champs seem pretty weak and out-classed by newer stuff. The only reason I went the fire route to begin with is that I got 1 UD exo, a handful of UD fire champs and it seemed like the only thing I might be able to pull together. Should I give up and stick to getting stomped with public decks?

11. GabrielQ

laughing peaks and mirefolk public decks ae really nice (some others aswell, just naming these two), it would be nice if you could learn to play with them and then start to make your own bgs

12. nitebane21

Ya, I just hate losing out on the CP for my own runes. As much as people hate on the Skeleton free deck, I've done ok with it. Until I run into swarm champs or stitched, then its like "Lol here, have some free champs!" I'll check out the other 2 you mentioned, thanks.

13. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah I hear ya. Fire is a pretty weak theme on a budget. But you don't need all of what I posted to make an efficient fire bg.

First thing i would do is swap out the fire elementals for Sheoul demons and swap out the nightmares for demonliches. Bok raider is like nightmare 2.0 so you don't want 4 champs filling the same spot and fire elemental is just obsolete. If you can somehow get those 4 you will see much improvement as your roles are filled. Sheoul demon is a psuedo tank and demonlich fills your support role nicely. Trading in that Gloombringer will get you close to my suggestion .Hit me up in game and I may be able to help out.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  14. nitebane21

Ya, Sheouls are high on the list. I'm thinking I might get a couple theme decks for the trade fodder, it seems like I can get a lot more trade value than I would out of a box. I'm usually on at night, as styles083, so I'll keep an eye out for you.