Help with my elf deck

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Dreamweaver, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver The King of Potatoes

Hey guys, ive recently built my first deck (I mean, the first time I didnt copy it from someone else LOL) and this is how its looking:

http://poxbase.com/deck/cqmChlCtyChxc5FCLChkcfxcfvc3Fc50S5s1-s1as8ws4Ks6gs6Br2or3frUe2Fe2ueM

What changes would you do to that? I would really like to add some of the most expensive champions, like arrowsinger and experimental warspirit, but they are out of my budget for the moment.
    I think I should really put Elven Druid and Forest Giant in it, im also thinking about elven archer, ancestor and strategist, even thought the last two are a little expensive. About the stuff to take out, the only thing that is really underperforming is the guardian of the circle. So, what champs would you add? What would you take for them?
    About the spell base im super confused, I really dont know what the autoncludes are for KF, I dont know if what im running is remotely good, any tips are appreciated. The only thing I know is that im not liking artillery marker and herbal antidote on the board as much as I though I would on paper.

2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Cleansing Emerald is the next best thing to spot cleanse, so there's that to consider. Budget AoE's would have to be brambles/Natures Wrath, both are solid includes. Guardian of the Circle may be a bit out dated, and out classed into todays meta.
    That said, you're already stacking up on tanks with Boa's so keep those dudes in the front lines rather that Guardian (replace Guardian with Elven Strategist)
    I'd always try and include an Elven Artisan, nice font harraser with nora miner 2/recycle for some interesting synergies.
    Maybe remove x1 Civi Wilderken for Artisan.

Elven Ancestor is really, phenomenal in todays game, I'd definitely try and get her into the BG somewhere.
    Petrichor seems good on paper, but situationally speaking it's a bad rune all together. +12 spot heal is nice, but I'd rather that come from a champion (see Elven Page/Avenging Angel for Divine favor 3)
    Artillery Marker is only good in some cases, but usually easily countered. Replace Artillery Marker for Ctharsis Bloom, I wouldn't be caught dead without these.

The rest of the BG looks functional, and a pretty good start as far as KF is concerned.
    Things to potentialy look forward to obtaining; Elven Ancestors/Elven Strategists/Ancestral Avenger/Thorn Collection/Horn of Order/Murder/Rage of the Circle.

3. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

You've made a good start just need some tweaks. The only exotic rune that would really help your BG is elven strategist but you can still make a great elf BG without him. I would add 1-2 elven ancestors for light of the circle and guardian. I'd add a falconer or 2 for the detection and range (also super cheap) in place of the wilderkin and/or spirit singer. I would take a brambles out and replace with carnivorous vines or the one spell that equips barbed vined leash to every champ (always forget the name). Petrichor needs to go, you could replace it with an avenging angel if you feel you need the spot healing. I'd take the oasis out for a catharsis bloom and the marker for a burning oak seed as it provides you with spot fire immunity which is really useful against the fire BGs running around and gives you a way to give your units alternative damage. Also you may want to consider adding a druid as he will provide you with range/melee/detection all things lacking from your BG or an elven blademaster to give you a source of dequip since the guardian is likely the first rune out. I recommend taking out one of the elven mages for either one.

Karmavore likes this.
  4. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Living Vines: Area Effect 2: For 4 turns, affected spaces becomes Living Vines (Whenever an opposing champion enters this space, it becomes Ensnared 1 and equipped with Barbed Vine Leash). Equipment generated by this spell costs 0 nora.

5. Gaedel

With Menalaus in your battlegroup, would it be worth a spot to include his equipment, Covenant?

Covenant: Equipped champion gains Blessed (At the beginning of your turn, if this unit was damaged the previous turn, it heals 5 HP) and +10 HP. If equipped on Menalaus, he gains +1 MAX RNG and you are refunded 25 nora upon equipping. If equipped on Grimlic of K'thir, he gains Magic Blast and you are refunded 25 nora upon equipping.

It would give him Blessed, +10 HP (from 44 to 54) and +1 Max Range (from 4-7 to 4-8) for only 10 nora.

6. Gaedel

Just curious, how is Elven Artisan a nice font harrasser? I know she has Nora Miner 2, which is nice, and recycle, but other than that she is pretty weak and seems easy to kill with only 38 HP, 1 DEF and only has 6 damage at 1 range and to top it off she only has 5 speed. Wouldn't she be better off left by your shrine so the Nora Miner can pay off in time? I'm sure I'm missing some sort of strategy that makes her a font harrasser, as I am no means an expert, average, or mediocre player. I would consider myself a noob and continue to learn new things and relearn things I have forgotten.

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

When I play her I usually have her stationed up along side the rest of my units. (I like to use a combo that Xirone showed me with Forests Embrace (adds the effect cocooned, +2dmg/+1spd/+def, then after equipping immediately recycling it for a full refund plus the instant stat bonus) so that's why she's usually up front, and after said combo is done, her role is more or less filled within my bg. She becomes a nice little AP wasting roadblock as there are far more desirable champs to kill, I usually just toss her into the frontlines and hope for the best lol. By that time my bg is in full swing and.. She's not much use outside of the 6 nora.

8. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

what are the elf synergy runes, Im aware of tracker and taskmaster. Any ohthers im missing, was considering spliting with ud.

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Improve range via Archer Commander / Improve DMG via Elven Bard / Epochal Oasis (gives all elfs tele 2)

theKraken likes this.
  10. Staxover

Staxover Member

Take out Petrichor and replace with Fire for Effect. With this change, you can run a Deadly Tracker who can double hit for 50 DOT. Take out 2 Mages and replace with Druids. These guys will stall your opponent with there illusions and still allow you to hit at decent range. Take out Light and Guardian and replace with 2 Elven Strats. These will give you the troop movement you need. Take out Oasis and Artillery and replace with Blooms because are auto include. Take out 1 Taskmaster and replace with Horn of Order since you have very little AP gen.

11. Dreamweaver

Hey guys, I followed most of your advice and came to this list:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/cqmChlCtyChxc5FcKc51chkC52cfvc3Fc50s5s3qs7s6OS1as4Ks6gs6Br3frUe2Fe2ueM

I cant get the catharsis blooms or the elven strategists because theyre unstocked in poxbox :/

Id like to put 2x elven ancestor and 1/2x elven strategists, what would you guys take out in their place?
    I also wnt to put 2x catharsis bloom in there, and im going to take epochal oasis and 1 nature's wrath for them.

12. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I don't have extra ancestors or strategists, but here's 2 catharsis blooms.

https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3606238

Candidates for ancestors would be elven illusionist, elven mage, rage of the circle and maybe wood marshal or flame mage. There's not much that will fill the role of a strategist. He's probably worth using shards to get at least 1 if you can't trade for him. You could go with an artisan or bard, but neither will provide the mobility + boost of the strategist.

13. Dreamweaver

14. Dreamweaver

15. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Not only magic damage, but also I think more alternative damage in general would be really helpful to your BG. As I don't play KF too much I'm not the right person to suggest the viable options but I'm sure someone will come along soon.

16. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

guys im just wondering what is core for elves now. ( I only have about 100k poxbox so it's gotta be a bit budget) also if anyone has some elves they can trade me so I don't have to use poxbox that'd be great. im mainly lf ones that aren't on poxbox such as strategist.