Helping Gnarlwood Tanglefoot

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Cinder405, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Can we collectively discuss what this champion should do besides of course counter equipment?

I feel like he is a ranged Gnarlwood Grappler or Deadwood Strider except they do it way better.

The only thing he has going for him is he is the only Treefolk champion that can counter equipment. The Treefolk theme needs another reason to run him.

Pariah is hindering him in so many ways. He can't be targeted by abilities such as Heal, Cleanse, Inspire, Grant: X, Divert, Bodyguard etc. Support is greatly needed for this unit because of its squishy nature. The Pariah ability was correctly given to him because of Flurry in the past but when Flurry was completely removed from the face of Poxnora, for some reason Pariah wasn't removed from his kit.

His 3 Ranks of Multiattack are in my opinion unecessary in a theme that grants a rank of Multiattack when they use Take Root. It helps him in a way because of his low speed but he is hard to position for Multiple attacks. I have been using him lately and at most I get in range to hit once. It feels like the extra ranks are almost never used or rather there is no incentive to try to anyways. If it was Sundering, Dragging, or had an ability like Quest: Damage it would make sense.

Anyways, if you guys have a build in mind or any suggestions as to how we could give him a kit without him being so similar to his other buddies please share it. I haven't yet thought of something that may be worth posting.

Thanks for your time.

Gorebucket likes this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I think we should simply remove Pariah from it and give it +1 dmg and see where it goes from there. No other changes.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

He'd be dope with Provision abilities.

4. Cinder405

Small steps are good steps.

I hadn't thought about provision abilities. Nice one Xirone

5. Xirone

[​IMG]
    Gnarlwood Tanglefoot
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1-3 | DEF: 2 | HP: 44
    Base Abilities- Attack: Physical, Entangling Attack, Multiattack 1, Take Root
    Upgrade Path I- Pilfer, Shatter, Snatch
    Upgrade Path II- Provision: Offense, Provision: Utility, Punishing Aura

6. Xirone

With Provision: Offense upgraded and Take Root active, this champion will have Multiattack 3 and 12 DMG (when equipped). With Provision: Utility upgraded, this champion will have Detection and a source of Shatter, making it quite versatile (when equipped). With Punishing Aura upgraded, this champ can entangle opposing champions and force them to use their AP or take extra damage.

Gorebucket likes this.
  7. Etherielin

Don't forget that Provision: Utility also grants shatter summoned and mountaineer.

8. Xirone

Those are little nifty extras, of course.

9. Etherielin

Disagreed with shatter summoned - giving tanglefoot provision: utility would make it into a swiss army knife imo. Not good for the design.

10. Xirone

Replace with Pin Down?

11. Cinder405

I like your Tanglefoot but the Provision Utility would make it very "Swiss Army" like Etherielin said.

I definitely love the design direction you chose Xirone. Something other than Provision Utility would be great.

12. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Removing Pariah and at least 1 rank of Multiattack is a good baseline to work with. That makes him supportable while keeping his cost the same. Provision Offense is a nice one for the non-shatter line. In fact I'm pretty happy with Xirone's build. Maybe swap Provision Utility for Domain Vegetation if that's too much utility.

Cinder405 likes this.
  13. Cinder405

Yeah man he did a great job.

Have you played trees as of late? I'm doing quite well with them since greenhouse got its extra boost of damage back.