Here's the reason why Poxnora's player base is low

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PoxBattleMaster, Feb 22, 2016.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Seriously, OP is just crying he can't farm tourneys anymore. Offering good prizes on tournaments won't make the playberbase bigger.

Imo new players should have access to easier methods of getting more runes. Make completing campaigns reward a number of runes from the core set or maybe even from the extended set (chosen by the player from a pool of possible runes). Make all the runes given from these campaign rewards untradable, keeping abusers away. By doing this you are both giving some incentive to run the campaings, offering easier ways for new players to aquire new runes and preventing abuse from old players.

Tournment formats is something that would probably appeal much more to veterans then new players imo. Unless is using the draft mechanism pointed out by Markoth.

2. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Have I been called upon?

3. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Honestly, I believe that farming campaigns should reward alot more gold. If this were the case, it would help newbs farm x amount of runes in less time, which would help them get into the game quicker. And on top of it, provide players that are under a month old with a gold boost.

This would drastically increase the amount of gold being awarded to players when they first begin, and still receive a satisfactory amount after the month deadline of the bonus.

Ssharsted likes this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

IP ban him then. Ban his complete online identity. Ban him from forums. DIRTY TOURNEY FARMER DIEEE!

5. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i stopped playing a long time ago,

while you say players farming tournaments with alts is bad. what about the good, higher ranked than you players who farm the tournaments. even without much farming there would probably be a steady stream of higher ranked players who have proven skills and bg's. people quit or afk (not just alt farmers) out of anger that these high levels are always there farming, or that theres always higher levels in the tournaments and they know they cant win against them. i realise they play at the intended speed. but tournaments favour those who pay and/or are good players. does not make it fair on; noobs, bad players, players without decent runes (you need current expansion stuff too), play for free players,... who cannot win against higher ranks, its frustrating. Not worth playing games without reward, new runes or progress towards that, tournaments at least gave decent rewards compared to other game types. Why do people use alts and ask others for a win (higher ranks usually say no anyway) and make groups and agreements on who will win and forefeit to get a share of the tournament prizes? Its the only way to get prizes for some.

the trading system is bad, whether you trade in the rune trader which is almost empty (even with more players than now), in poxbox where constant needed (from nerfs, buffs, expansions, wanting to try new runes or factions, sharding) trading in and out will eat your collection. or in game. where your pushed to shark to grow your collection, or trade at evens if your lucky or take a loss, new expansion runes always trade for far more too, so a loss.. not everyone wants to invest that much time in trading either or is even good at it. when i played single player most of my gold went on tokens anyway, its almost never ending.

runes are too expensive, if they were cheaper (a lot cheaper, everyday prices) more players would see it worthwhile to buy credits, if they saw they got a lot more runes for their money, like a whole deck for pretty cheap. Sales and offers are ok, though still too much money. some want large investments from players, or the offers are so rare i want to spend more. the sales are also over quickly, it comes down to do i have that much spare cash at such short notice, probably not. Number of runes is always growing, the chance of owning every rune (x2) or enough to not need to use the vicious trade systems is getting smaller. Expansions are coming out too often for people to keep up... especially collectors, the massive size of available runes must put new collectors off starting.. this game asks you to spend a lot of money (100's every expansion), you need a lot of disposable income, if not its easier to quit than carry on. i think this collectible card game monetary system is outdated now, a reason this game is failing, maybe years ago when this concept was new people would spend this much, not now, there are enough alternatives. for those who dont spend much or dont have a big collection, their collection will probably get eroded from constant trading ... poxnora may as well be a subscription to them.

i was lucky i bought somes accounts and got a big head start, but it cost me.

pvp is not for everyone.. players either leave the game or play single player because they lose so much and thats annoying for the majority of players. not everyone can become a good player, i have loads of runes, practically all back when i played, i made different bg's, i played enough yet i lost just about every 1v1 pvp game, ranked or not. strategy games are my fav, im not new to the genre. i actually won some 2v2 games, such is the chaotic nature of 2v2 which actually made it fun for me... though 2v2 is not perfect, i had to check who was in groups and queue dodge a lot of players (higher ranked - who would sit in the queue all day sometimes) because there was no way to beat them with me and teamates bg's, even trying new things. its just not fun playing a game you cant win, i played for fun.. yes i had to play players my level or noobs usually. even noobs and low level players beat me 1v1 though mostly.

suggestion...

if you were happy to give a high ranked player x legendary runes a day for winning every tournament from their 12+ hour daily poxnora shift. why not treat players more equal and give that many runes to all players who spend the same amount of time in either single player or pvp. give the same or almost same rewards for losing a pvp as you get winning.. work something out so people wouldnt afk and.. insta more players in the pvp lobby playing.

you could guarantee 100+ shards to a person who plays a pvp for example that goes over a set time, not a long match - 10mins.

i really havent put much thought into suggestions, just wanted to finish this post.

p.s. untradable runes should not belong in a collectable card game imo, that really annoys me and no doubt other collectors. who will no doubt miss the only opportunities to get certain runes.

6. habbocraken

habbocraken The King of Potatoes

Man, i played pox since 2012, maybe, and in the old client, and man...there were always so many battles, and players, and u could always find someone to play with you, that was up to your level, and now, i barely find 4 people online, and if they are, they are high level players, and i wanna play to have fun, i remember i used to love 2v2, and now... i come back to pox after 2, 3 or 4 years, and find this wonderfull game, completely empty...

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I'm here and at your service. I just can't communicate in game as my chat doesn't work at all.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The game is dead because of incompetence on the part of the developer and the games owners. The market has shifted so many times over the years and the people in charge of producing this game never shifted with it. Any changes they did make were done too late and implemented horribly. The developers never had any control over the bugs in this game. The game never progressed.

It had massive potential, but idiots with no vision drove it into the dirt, then got out and picked up shovels and continued digging until it was buried.

All of this caused no population and that causes no money and everything fails.

Now we can pretend this isn’t the case. But it is.