Hero mode ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m3gas, Feb 12, 2017.

1. m3gas

m3gas New Member

So could a game mode work where you have a limit of eighter 1 or 2 Hero runes per BG and all Hero runes are deployed for free at the start of the game with the difference in nora cost being added to the other player's bank and killing a player's Hero/Heroes is a win condition (maybe killing the Heroes AND the Shrine or killing eighter the Heroes OR the Shrine) ?
    Are there any gimmicks that would make a BG like this OP or unrunnable ?
    Pretty sure I saw something like this discussed but it was maybe years ago and don't remember what happened then...

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of some champs being developed that are very strong but have the Boss ability 'if this champ dies you lose' essentially.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    aseryen, Karmavore and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm all for this sort of thing as well.

4. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

Boss mode,,, sounds friggin awesome,
    cereal.
    just add to the list of custom game modes we don't have.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- That's basically what happened if you used an old titan due to investment...now it's basically any champ over 80 nora side font that dies then you lose

6. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Playing 1 on 1 vs Bastion every game doesn't sound fun at all...

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

IS wins gg waste of time

8. Schmacko

Or people design doomball bgs and just Doom the other champ and then "the game" becomes can you kill the doomball in 4 rounds. I think I could make a kf/sp BG designed around keeping my doomie alive. Also doesn't sound fun to play against. Basically balancing this would be impossible.

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Like I said they could have Elite. Immune to effects that would instantly kill etc

10. Schmacko

Elite wasn't mentioned in the thread before just Boss, which is a separate ability. Bastion with all the benefits of elite sounds even less fun than the level of not fun I previously mentioned. This would still be unpossible to balance.

11. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Will Pox modding be a thing? In Unity or perhaps with Steam Workshop.

At least let us make custom maps with the same terrain effects over the tiles. That I think would drive player base; at least get some content made. Modding means more content.

Landmark: Poxnora (sandbox)
    PoE: Poxnora (isometric roguelike)
    RTS: Poxnora
    Genre: Poxnora

Warcraft - DOTA - MOBA - Present
    Isn't that the progression? Soon to be Pox - etc.

UE4 would have been far more easier for this kind of progression but Unity isn't all bad, at least there is Articy Plugin which is essentially blueprints in UE4. I find Autodesk and UE to work better than Unity and Autodesk. 2-3 more years till some kind of movement towards a mixed genre Poxnora or onto UE; at least I would hope so.

I'd love to mod for Poxnora. I'll make a LuvWu flying Hippo, actually I'd start on Ospyrians, Gargoyles and State of Being(Undead, Mutant, Demon, etc.) for Races.