heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah I don't have a huge problem with him, but noticed others do. Wish he was better in lonx but eh they got gnark.

2. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Heroes do not need to be stronger. A couple could use the smallest cost decrease but are still better than non-heroes b/c free abilities and often have unique qualities.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, apparently ST players think their's suck and are a source of frustration.

4. Sokolov

Don't worry, I don't intend to overhaul them all or anything.

I think it's mostly that some people are used to cheaper champions since revamp, and that different people have different valuations of what's worth what. Azaren, for example, brings a ton of meat to the table (it's one of what... 2 champions that can bring 100+ effective HP to the board on deploy?), but I've found that some people rate raw HP much higher than others.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Doesn't matter how much Hp they bring if you can't deploy it or lose fonts because you invested so much nora into one deploy.

But ya I can see why some like him or at least why he's good in beat decks

6. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I wish we had more heroes, every race should have its own hero, thatd be kool.
    next expansion:
    Hall of Heroes exp....all heroes :)

7. Sokolov

So do you think he is bad or just that the current maps favor cheaper deploys?

Because those are very different things.

8. calisk

I think outside of beast decks he's one of the worst champs you could put into a deck, in a beast deck he's like the 14-16th champ I'd put into the deck if i put him in at all

I also think he's terrible for any Multi font, though you could do worse on a single font map

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  9. Sokolov

What?

Ballballer likes this.
  10. Sokolov

Really? What champs do you run before him in a Beast deck? And how can we improve him so you'd actually run him in a beast deck?

And why do you think so many others thinks he is really good in a Beast deck (including DMR)?

Etherielin and TeaNinja like this.
  11. Sokolov

Do you also think that ANY high cost champions have this problem? i.e. you'd never run a champ with 90+ nora cost?

If not, which high cost champs do you think ARE worth running and why?

Etherielin and TeaNinja like this.
  12. calisk

Well I think if you were running any non beast deck their would be no reason to run him, I mean if you were to rank every st champ in order of viability he wouldn't make the top 50 in any other deck except maybe Lonx where he might make the top 20

13. Sokolov

You said that he's one of the worst champs you can put in a beast deck - which seems to contradict what most everyone else is saying, that's all.

14. Sokolov

I am confused. You think Azaren is better in a Lonx deck than a Beast deck?

15. calisk

No azaren making the beast deck means he's better in beast decks, but beast decks have a large number of low cost beasts with high hp efficiency like fur bull baby, furbul mom, tusk, etc, that you can run in his place if you just want a large sack of meat

My beast decks tend to focus on the mom if i want to drop a high cost high hp unit

If I wanted to adjust him I'd need to see what abilities are currently costed at to figure out a good answer

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Azaren is auto in beasts for sure.

17. Sokolov

I assume you just mispoke then when you said top 20 in Lonx? Or did you mean something else like there's a Lonx-Beast variant that you think is better than standard Beasts?

18. Sokolov

upload_2017-1-13_16-51-1.png

19. Sokolov

Incidentally, half the current live games seem to have a Hero in play, including a Juya being ran by a Rank 23 player.

20. calisk

Well I did say juya was playable. Just worse then she used to be which I'm not sure is true of all the other heroes but that's why I made the thread to gauge people's opinion on them.