heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jan 12, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well maybe I was wrong I thought the changes started before you even took over.

I thought the range reduction and nerf to crown occurred before you came back, as did several cost increases. your image reminded she had freezing strike though....that was a nice ability with the number of things in st that relies on the froen condition.

Surprisingly the biggest loss over the years feels like the claw attack, made it a lot harder to rush her

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't think you've made a compelling case that he is overcosted for what he brings.

If we want to get his cost down there are easier ways of doing so, such as just removing an ability or stats and reducing cost directly.

For example, the 1-4 to 3-4 itself could probably get us -5 or -6.

3. Sokolov

Isn't this similar to Mena losing Nova on base and the 2-7 to 5-7, but apparently that you didn't think he changed much?

4. Sokolov

I know. I just get a bit butthurt at people telling me I gut things or make things unplayable.

It's like people think I sit here going, "hehehe, what can I nerf to unplayability today?! Let's reduce variety!"

Tweek516, TeaNinja, Leadrz and 3 others like this.
  5. Sokolov

Thanks Obama!

To be fair, IT IS my fault ;) So blaming me is to be expected, I am mostly talking about the fact that my motivation is misrepresented!

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i honestly think azaren is really good. even outside of beasts.

Beast herder giving charge to tusk synergizes really well with his trample and i honestly think it does make them feel like a team. When u rush tusk in any damage he takes gives Azaren damage because he's protective as well.

7. calisk

Well I said a few times I think most of the nerfes happened before you came back. I know for a fact corpse hated her by the end of his time due to the nerf calls....he also hated gnark but that's why he killed him In the story, but that was because st players have never been happy with him

As other factions heroes I think many are far worse then they used to be, I picked Mena because he was a 7 Range shielded beater with magic immune that had magic nova and heal mass for 104 nora, now he's a 7 Range shielded beater with magic immune and most likely magic nova with no heal mass that costs 95 nora.

Yes his min range is lower and he's worse for it but he hasn't changed that much to me, he still feels like the Mena I've always been dealing with, some others look terrible though compared to what they used to do

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  8. Sokolov

What do you mean by "beater?" I have never heard that term used on a ranged unit before.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. calisk

I use beater for any unit that's primary purpose is dps output, though I usually prefix it with melee or ranged beater first

Just the lingo my local gaming community uses for games like star wars imperial assault

10. Sokolov

This is pretty much the case with any of the champs that had -20 to -30 nora modifiers during that time.

11. Sokolov

Seems weird. Why not just use DPS then? Beater to me has usually meant a champion that can both dish and out and take some hits.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Is this the place to ask for Bliss to have Raven Tongue as an upgrade choice? :)

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ya as long as it gets nerfed

Xirone likes this.
  14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Just nerf the CD on it.

Cydna likes this.
  15. themacca

Let's just let raven tongue stay as a unique ability please.

16. themacca

Moragen the Lost
    85 nora base
    DMG:11
    RNG: 1-3
    DEF: 1
    HP: 51

Base Abilities
    Attack: sonic
    Hero
    Flourish
    Siren's Song

Upgrade 1
    Dread
    Hex 2
    Demoralizing Descent

Upgrade 2
    Gravity well
    Battle Hymm
    Absorb

Juya White-Eyes
    Base Cost 93
    DMG: 12
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 3-5
    DEF: 1
    HP: 49
    Race: Beast, Jakei

Attack: Spear
    Hero
    Blockade
    Arctic Flight

Upgrade 1:
    Piercing Shot 3
    Pin Down
    Impaling Strike

Upgrade 2:
    Hunter: Walker
    Declare Target
    Regeneration 2

17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I've just spat out my tea and I absolutely love you for it.

18. Xirone

[​IMG]
    Moragen the Lost
    Base Stats- DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-3 | DEF: 0 | HP: 48
    Base Abilities- Attack: Sonic, Hero, Siren's Song, Somber Fugue*, Zombie Apocalypse
    Upgrade Path 1- Demoralizing Descant, Dread, Dread Field
    Upgrade Path 2- Battle Hymn, Deafening Aura, Resonance

*Somber Fugue- When an opposing champion is deployed, that champion is Wearied for 10 turns. (Ability Cost: 6, Coding is similar to Discovery)

Tweek516 likes this.
  19. Xirone

It may be too gimmicky but another idea is that she could perhaps have Trail: Fog Cloud. She is lost, after all. :)

Tweek516 likes this.
  20. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Why does Moragen need a change? She fits very nicely into Zombies. She keeps enemies close, and acts as a great area debuff, and she has ZA at range without lumbering, what more do you want?

Two heroes that I know a bit and think could stand changes:

Ruubgaal: Seriously. The only thing he fits into is SP Electric, but he can't do that because he's split. What's he supposed to DO? I always assumed he'd have something that allowed him to bring SP and FW together. And now we have Arroyo, which he doesn't fit into either...

Timothy the Vile: Very good, except for the fact that he's split. Has anyone ever had a Boghopper deck with FW spells? Or a Zombie deck with FS spells? I suppose it could be done, but that just seems... Bad?