Heroic Achievements

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by nivekflakes, Sep 8, 2015.

1. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

Any time I get disconnected from a game and get back into it to finish it none of the deploy achievements count the game even though I satisfied the conditions. All the play a bg with achievements work, but for some reason it loses the deploy conditions. Thank you!

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Thanks for reporting this. We will have to look into it further to see what can be done.

3. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

I found the same thing. I didn't test whether I could get the achievement by deploying more champs to satisfy the condition.

My guess: the heroic achievement deploy counters are stored client-side as part of a game session and are initialized to zero, triggering on each deploy event. So re-connecting resets the deploy counters to zero, but BG counters still work because they only trigger after the game finishes.

So the fix is that when re-connecting the game needs to iterate over the champs in play and initialize the heroic achievement deploy counters to that number.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It is something like that, but we need to make sure that is actually the cause and then come up with a solution that works with the game engine and server. Because we don't want to leave a back door open to where people can manipulate the values by editing the client.

Ozariig likes this.
  5. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!