Hey Poxbase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Yep.

[​IMG]

Where is your god now?

Alakhami, Leadrz, IMAGIRL and 4 others like this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Remind me to buy you a beer later...

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

gasp, shock and awe

edit : what's the deal with the certificates since you switched servers? my phone is freaking out

4. stormyorky

stormyorky The King of Potatoes

Awsomeness. Now it's just missing free text search.

5. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I added https, not really needed yet since my trader is still WIP (and paused for the moment since I got myself into this whole LET'S INDEX ALL THE THINGS project), but I wanted to get the whole environment set up properly and securely. What does your phone complain about? The signature of the cert is weak (sha1) but it costed me like $7 for a year and according to Google it should be still fine till 2016.

Edit: oop, just tried the site in all browsers and Firefox does complain, gonna fix my setup.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You just gotta update flash and it's fine

Nea likes this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

He/She did not answer, so I left a voice message.

chickenpox2 and Nea like this.
  8. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Ok, yeah, I didn't set up the cert properly, was missing intermediate certs and apparently not all browsers can figure this Bane Shift out.

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

is there any possibility of making a champ builder? we kinda sorta know the algorithm and cost of abilities now yeah? think it might really help buff/nerf threads to show the devs exactly what you think a champ should look like.

10. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

We don't really know how the stats are costed and for many champs with the same base stats they actually have a different base cost anyway...

EDIT: ok I guess it could search for a very similar stat line on a different champ and deduct the base cost from there

11. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Oke, thing is live. If you find anything that my magic algorithms indexed wrong, let me know. I won't fix it while I'm asleep though. Woohoo 3:40am deploys.

SPiEkY and Jib like this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

13. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

whats the progress on the trader Nea?

15. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Despite my superpowers I can't code two features st once, and I had to do this whole fixing descriptions and indexing once I conceptualized it feasible.

The current status is that logging in works quite flawlessly, so does parsing auctions, ssl should be fine now and stability of my node backend is quite excellent (can be a concern when you use tech that has version numbers starting with "0."). I'll leave the whole shard currency on hold and do automated buyout auctions - should be less code, less risk something breaks terribly and a good way to bootstrap the system.

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

*nods head*

I understood that

*nose bleeds slightly*

Nea likes this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Nea,

There is no spoon.

There is no code.

There is only the matrix.

You can do it if you believe you can do it.

-Morpheaskit

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Morpheaskit sounds like like someone suffering from some kind of mental disorder.

Anima26, Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Anima26, claydude5, yobanchi and 4 others like this.
  20. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I haven't thought about this for a while - not including them there was actually a conscious decision by me at the time, but the reasons for that decision are no longer the case (it was mostly about transparency of the costs, how they affect champions and me wanting to be a white hat with DOG). It might be problematic to fit nora costs of abilities on upgrade paths - I might f.e. either drop the while +/- notation there and just show exact numbers with +/- values in black tooltips, I'll try few things and see what works best UX wise.

PhdNiceGuy likes this.