Heya Everyone

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Asidra, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Asidra

Asidra Well-Known Member

Hi all - old timer here prolly haven't played since Desert Owl took over. Thinking of spending some time back in game - is the game healthy, peeps playing etc.?

Anima26 likes this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Define healthy.

150 players on peak, around 80 players at night.

This game is still living on. This game is probably in the best state balance wise in a while.

narvoxx likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

DOG and myself are committed to keeping PoxNora running.

We have made a number of improvements since DOG re-acquired the product (Rune Forge, Achievements, etc.).

We are also investing in several ways in the product - details to come when we are able to announce :)

Gnomes, Tweek516, Anima26 and 3 others like this.
  4. Asidra

Asidra Well-Known Member

Heya Sok - nice to see you've made a career out of this game :)
    A few questions to anyone:

1.) So rune upgrades - you pick one of the 3 options availavle once you hit the little triangle?
    2.) What's up with some of the skills having a red outline and some not
    3.) http://imgur.com/a/6jPtQ
    -Any key IS runes im missing?
    4.) Is there an active site displaying run values so I can trade for stuff I am missing?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Long time no see old timer. Several of the runes you are missing are good but none of them are auto-include or anything. If I recall the outline on an ability means it is an active ability. Pretty much all of the IS themes are viable at the moment. Barbs>Pally>Dwarf>Grintmaw>Construct but all of them are strong.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Poxbox.net is the main trading site.

1) At level one your champion has default upgrades. Until you level your champion up you are stuck with said upgrades. Once a champion is level 2, you can change the first upgrade line.

7. Asidra

Asidra Well-Known Member

Trying to put together a PLD theme - it seems like they all took nerfs. Euan, Talgar, Angel of Protection, Angle of Mercy. Literally the first 4 I checked. Was there a massive nerf all the good stuff across factions at some point?

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Pretty much every single rune in the game got nerfed during the revamp. The amount of abilities got toned down and everything lost power.

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

This. The power creep level had exceeded 9000. DOG went Super Saiyan 2 on Pox.

Welcome back :) Good to see players returning.

10. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Welcome back! Check out Skirmishes in the game too!!! Great way to test a battlegroup, learn new skills, and practice before jumping to Ranked. Paladins are still fun, but a little different than the days of old.

11. Asidra

Asidra Well-Known Member

Eh I just jumped right into ranked I prefer trial by fire, went 7-4 although generally against not great opponents...lots of rust to shake off. A few times I didn't understand what was happening (I thought it was just ice on the ground couldn't figure out what kept moving my guys all around...derping against Combat Awareness and Nohkan Do stuff like that). But it was pretty fun. In general individual champs don't do as much damage as I remember and are easier to kill as it seems both offensive and defensive skills aren't stacked as much on any champs. And what's funny as I am playing Paladins, yet somehow the only healing in my whole BG is whatever CTE's give...lol.

What's up with font bonuses? Our +1 AP seems to have disappeared, but there is an animation when the other team (or me theirs) gets near a font zone, but I can't figure what, if any the effect is?

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Priest of Valdac, Dwarven Medic and Morin's Corner (relic) are good sources for healing if you feel like you're lacking it.

Our font bonus of +1 ap was changed to "Enemy relics cannot place relics inside the font."

13. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

The pulling was probably Facinate (or facinating lumisence). Speed in general was considered too high (there was also a long debate early this year about changing the KF bonus but that was left untouched in the end). Before this KF debate the IS font bonus and ST's arctic 'Ready' were changed because the speed was considered too high.

IS font bonus is now: opponents cannot deploy relics in the font zone (it's much stronger than it sounds, appropriate power level for a font bonus)
    ST font bonus: opponents entering the font zone lose 2 AP

14. Asidra

Asidra Well-Known Member

Oh that's kind of cool - they need a champ inside to contest. I'd imagine the animation I was seeing was them trying, and thus failing, to stick a relic in there.

Looking through new runes, it looks like the Truthseeker is the only thing that might be an upgrade for my BG. I am running 2x NCT and 2x Ironfist Inquisitors as my cheaper mele, along with Talgar who seems stronger than Euan to me right now. I get Brand from Hahndor and Soul Reaver (2 Pontifss also take advantage of the debuff). I don't run Inquisition on either of the Inquisitors so the 2x NCT have to stay as more Brand source, and it would come down to Inquisitor v Truthseeker. One of my Inquisitors has Hunter:Unholy and Immunity Psychic and is used as a counter rune at 73 nora. The other has Strike and Commander Paladin at 69 nora, a cheaper option and way to get Command:paladin when not facing FW,UD, or Psychic dmg. So the question would be would Truthseekers be stronger than either of those 2 runes? And if so, how's the trader efficiency these days?

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Trading is a ***** these days. I would say Truthseeker is easily better than Ironfist Inquisitor.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yup, poxbox is simultaneously my saviour and one of my most hated parts of pox.

17. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Welcome back Asidra.