High Warlock Rework:

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

High Warlock
    • [​IMG]
    CURRENT:

Problem: Doesn't Synergize well with phylactery bound liches nor stands out enough to run over golden limia as a standard ranged dps in the current meta. Overall design is way too bland for a Legendary Warlock.
    • DMG: 9
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 4-6
    • DEF: 0
    • HP: 42
    • Race: Undead, Lich
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: 75
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Fire This unit makes a Fire attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Burn 1 When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that unit becomes Charred for 3 turns
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (7) [​IMG] Ignorance Enemy Wizards and Priests within 5 spaces of this unit may not activate abilities.
        • (5) [​IMG] Book Burn No spells may be cast for two turns.
        • (8) [​IMG] Purging Flames When a champion within 5 spaces takes Fire damage, it is Dispelled if it is an enemy champion. If the champion is friendly, it is Cleansed instead.
      • 2 :
        • (3) [​IMG] Consume Sacrifice target owned adjacent champion and this champion is healed for the amount equal to the destroyed champion's current HP.
        • (5) [​IMG] Ravish Target real champion you own is destroyed. This champion gains 20% of the destroyed champion's current HP and DMG.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    NEW:

• DMG: 5
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1
    • DEF: 0
    • HP: 40
    • Race: Undead, Lich
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: ~64-71
    • Base Abilities:
    • [​IMG] Fire Attack This unit makes a Fire attack at range 2-4.
    • [​IMG] Soul Siphon When a real champion is destroyed this unit gains 5 MAX HP (to a maximum of 100) and +1 DMG permanently.
    • [​IMG]Spellsurge: Repurpose When this champion is deployed, Repurpose spells are revealed from your runedock. Repurpose spells costs 10 nora less (this does not stack) and this champion is healed for 8 HP when a Repurpose spell is played.
    Upgrade : 1
    • [​IMG] Flamestrike This champion makes a Fire attack at RNG 2-5. If the target is successfully damaged, it also becomes Charred for 4 turns
    • [​IMG] Drain 2 Target friendly champion you own loses 12 HP. This unit vampiric heals 12 HP.
    • [​IMG] Ravish Target real champion you own is destroyed. This champion gains 20% of the destroyed champion's current HP and DMG.
    Upgrade : 2
    • [​IMG] Annihilate Opposing champions within 2 spaces take 12 Fire damage, opposing champions within 4 spaces take 10 Fire damage, and opposing champions within 6 spaces take 8 Fire damage. This damage ignores DEF.
    • [​IMG] Flamethrower All champions occupying spaces 1 to 6 spaces in a targeted straight line away from this champion take 12 Fire damage and are Enflamed 2. This damage ignores DEF.
    • [​IMG] Flame Siphon 1 Target friendly champion within 6 spaces takes 10 Fire damage, you gain 100% of the damage taken in Nora. May target self.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

First, why would you want to rework a functioning champion?

Second, why would you want to re-work it into something that's farking nuts? Sermon for Undead? No.

3. Redderrick

Hes not functioning hes extremely shoebox and doesn't do enough to justify putting him in over another rune with more tools that will ultimately fulfill more roles. When is the last time you have seen anyone run him?

4. Redderrick

And how is he nuts? He has no basic attack... and 5 base damage.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Considering that you edited his abilities and upgrades after I posted, yeah, he has no basic attack. The new rebuild you proposed is much weirder (which isn't a bad thing), but it still includes Sermon, and this time you can get Flame Siphon at the same time. I stand by my previous assertion: FW shouldn't get Sermon.

I am literally running him right now as a 70 nora range champ with DoT. Besides, that a champion doesn't end up in decks is insufficient reason to say it isn't playable -- Pox is at this point glutted with so many functional runes that just because something doesn't make it into BGs doesn't mean the thing isn't competitive if it was placed in one.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  6. Redderrick

With Drain and flame siphon build you could instead build for a domination drain bg theme.While other builds suggest repurpose builds, its not too op because he has no basic attack. Only a flamestrike scaling damage ability. Another suggests a healing countering maybe?

7. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

ive used high warlock before, he was in one of my decks. he is ok as is, at least he does not warrant a complete redesign, maybe just tweaks. your new warlock looks a cross between Bane Shift and op in a wierd way. please dont try and ruin him, especially his 4-6 range, immediate dmg and has a basic attack.

if you want to post a suggestion for a new champion in the game, go ahead there is a forum for that.

8. Redderrick

Ok as is isnt good, there are plenty of champions that fulfill the same role as a basic ranged undead champion yet, high warlock is substantially worst yet has nothing else more to add to any FW bg that is in this meta rotation synergy wise. This rework alone enables the ability to play multiple split themes that otherwise wouldn't be viable because of lack of synergy. Trust me golden lamia is the only pure ranged unit worth running strictly for the role of a ranged dps. Not to mention High Warlock is way too generic for legendary or that of an actual warlock.

9. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

but i like Book Burn :(

I use him in my Liches deck, he is definitely functioning.

10. Redderrick

Why? he doesn't benefit from phylactery bound nor has a way to sustain other phylactery bound units, he is just a fire attacking ranged dps which can still fulfill the same role with the rework, he will just be more rewarding to use against champions that have direct counters to basic attacks like how terrible FW is against ST with snow blind and NoKanDo.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

High warlock is fine as is, the only thing worth changing on him at all is ravish everything else is perfectly functional and you can justify including it in a BG.

12. Redderrick

Why change his unique ability ravish instead of making it more rewarding and centered around his overall kit by adding soul siphon

13. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

HW prerevamp: essentially zombie racial in person, variation-enabler for stitched, garbage collector in chops, repurposing guards/devourers/berserkers on raven/serkan here and there.
    HW postrevamp: he is fine, he can hit things.

14. Redderrick

Yeah but hes a legendary, he should be able to offer more in a unique way than to just hit things