Holiday Extended Set Special

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zorack, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Try making an alt?

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Bought 50 of them (400k~). Highlight of my Pox year.

3. Morfeas

Yeah I was surprised too, it's not mentioned but you can potentially end up with 2 exos and 1 leg out of a 8k gold pruchase. Odds are the same as always 1/10.

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I got 3 exos and a leg in one of my packs.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Is it a problem with password or with the website?

6. Morfeas

@decondor Help this man resolve his issue.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You just know how sad the economy is when people buy boxes just to trade them in a 3rd party site

Valkyr likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What if they were buying packs and sharding most of the contents? Would that be worse?

9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Both options would suggest to me that the internal model is broken. If players just buy boxes to shard or to create wealth for poxbox then Poxnora should take a good look at their sales and income model. Perhaps offer a better method to their customer base to cater for them. Been that way for years, though, and they are still going, so I guess it all works out in the wash.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean, it's what happens in every other TCG/CCG out there -- for the most part, packs are bought to convert their contents into average wealth, except for the occasional standout.

11. Fentum

Agreed, but there are other models where it's not random purchase. E.g. Subscription, known pack content, etc, in other formats.

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

DOG could always try and buy-out PoxBox, trade all of its runes to an internal source, and then use that model as a module portion for the trading system. Essentially keeping Poxbox around, but it would be directly integrated into the game and everyone could easily use it (I don't remember the trade restrictions for PS4 users, but it might be a nice thing for them).

Of course, I don't see that happening, and I think there would be a lot of unforeseen consequences to it.

13. SireofSuns

That's kinda the point of the Owl Points only packs/boxes. Those have a much smaller pool of runes, and you can know all what's in there. It's just if you only do the F2P model that is truly random (and that's okay I think).

14. SireofSuns

Um... That's literally against the rules on PoxBox.

Although, I found my PoxNora alternate account after digging through emails and files, and figured out that was the only one with a PoxBox account. So I have access again. Though now I'm so overwhelmed by all the stuff I can get, I don't know what to get first. Decisions decisions decisions...

Whiris likes this.
  15. Fentum

Thanks. What are 'Owl Points only packs/boxes'?

16. Whiris

Whiris The King of Potatoes

Packs and boxes that you can only buy with Owl Points, e.g. the new expansion ones.

17. SireofSuns

Well, currently:

Holiday Bundle - 3000 op's
    Holiday Reskins - 2000 op's
    Planar Disturbance Pack - 200 op's
    Planar Disturbances Box - 1800 op's
    Planar Disturbances Megabox - 5000 op's
    etc.

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Me too!

[​IMG] 5223

:(

19. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

This is seriously the best deal EVER! In some packs I got 3 Exotics and 1 Legendary for 8000 gold. Just TOO good! :)

20. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

I would probably buy random legendary for 8k gold anyways i feel like thats a thing they should do lol ive bought a couple already and they have been very kind to me