Holy Bane Shift why aren't we talking about Pokémon GO?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jul 8, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So bloody hilarious

honestly, play that game, running around catching stuff, getting that gym leader in, too good man, too good

19madfox95 likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

my brother isn't locking himself in his room near 24/7 anymore so that's good.

Anotherblackman and SPiEkY like this.
  3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

This game is wild. I was just at a random public park at midnight with roughly a dozen other people all going to the 3 pokestops and the gym. Found like 8 magmars on the midnight 2 mile park path and took over a few gyms in the name of valor.

Pokemon is real now beaches

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Came to the city an hour before work and damn had so much fun, even though there is ye olde days, Hansa days today and I thought I will browse the wares and buy some kick ass knives or amulets, I ended up walking away from it and catching Pokemons and conquering my first gyms. Still not available on Play store though, wonders if we ever get it legit in Estonia.
    Also, one Gym was right in the middle of bank, but darn, it was closed and couldn't go in to conquer it :/

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Brother already took over the local gym in town (we yellow)

got 6 eggs in an hour, pretty damn kewl, this Bane Shift is hardcore

19madfox95 likes this.
  6. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

@PhdNiceGuy

If you want to conquer the neutral gym you have to tap on it again after neutralizing it and then you can put a pokemon to protect it

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Took the neighbouring towns gym as well, aaaay

@PhdNiceGuy dayum, them 800+'s tho

seems like if you get lucky around a spot with some decent pokemon in bunches you can easily level one of them by selling the others etc, super simple stuff

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

To be fair, it's not like this is some new game mechanic. There are numerous games like this on the market... they just never had the Pokemon name behind it.

So while it's understandable why this is popular, it also tells you that making a fun/good game isn't necessarily enough without the right marketing (or name recognition) behind it.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

In other words, people like pokemon and the grass is still green

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Sokolov

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Nerds.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think there's a bit more than just name brand being good, although it does contribute to something else: these games thrive on population, so a recognizable name will help spur the population, which is actually the more important part.

Astamir likes this.
  13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Qucas and soulmilk like this.
  14. Sokolov

Oh, absolutely that's a huge part of it. Everyone sharing which Pokemon they caught with their friends and sharing pics, etc. That's exactly how a game like Farmville caught wildfire, but this is with a pre-installed userbase basically.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Sokolov

I have a Pokestop right next to my house :D It's literally 1 minute walk.

SPiEkY, soulmilk and Qucas like this.
  16. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

GO RED!!!!!!!

Sers tho this game is like a global phenomenon.

17. MikeLin

19madfox95 likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you can buy these weird battery thingies that you charge beforehand and then connect to your phone later, and they serve as a powersource for charging your battery. They ain't that big neither. Buys you some more time.

19. Sokolov

That's exactly what he linked to.

20. MikeLin

Fatboy did too much walking. Mind is not right;)