Honestly... Desert Owl I need you to read this.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickyjpen, Mar 16, 2014.

?

Do you think token's prices should be lowered?

1. Yes, It is quite difficult to get tokens with their current pricing.

58.6%
  2. No, I do not mind grinding for hours just to level my BG up.

18.9%
  3. Neutral - Don't really care about the topic in general.

22.5%
  1. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Has become a grinding challenge to lvl runes...lets face it who wants to played ranked with lvl 1 runes -_-

rickyjpen likes this.
  2. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

imo, i prefer the current price, we get a free token in packs, and since its quite expensive, i think about it 2 times if i wanna waste my gold on speeding the leveling process, or just play in the dailys and Custom match to level my rune, you have no ideas how much gold i wasted for random runes since the Token were so cheap

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I think you are in a very small minority.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Hardly

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Fixing a token pack price takes 1 minute, the issue was known right from the day one, and it's one of (if not the) highest priority ones. So, sorry, but it doesn't seem you are paying attention.

6. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

Guys, if the token are to be si cheap, they should just remove the CP system All togheter, but right now the price are fair considering that we are supposed to level them

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please chill out.

This is a nice PC way of saying: you're being annoying and should stop acting high and mighty

8. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

4000 gold pack give:
    -3 bronze tokens
    -3 silver tokens
    -4 gold tokens (10% each to being platinun token)
    then:
    -3x 25 cp
    -3x 50 cp
    -4x 100 cp (10% each to give 200 cp)
    so:
    -minimum 3x25 + 3x50 + 4x100 = 625 cp
    -maximum 3x25 + 3x50 + 4x200 = 1025 cp
    -in general 3x25 + 3x50 + 4x100(+10%) = 665
    -with 1 platinum 3x25 + 3x50 + 3x100 + 1x200 = 725

SOE better price was 1x silver tokens for 45 gold
    -SOE time had 0,9 gold for 1 cp (200 cp = 180 gold)
    -OWL have 5,93 gold for 1 cp at least, but with the best lucky you can get 3,91 gold for 1 cp (200 cp = 782 to 1186 gold)

Yea, tis a lot more expencive, but who cares?... you cant get free cp just single playing the game.

Now lets see the 7500 gold pack:
    -8 bronze tokens
    -9 silver tokens
    -13 goldtokens (10% each to being platinun token)
    then:
    -8x 25 cp
    -9x 50 cp
    -13x 100 cp (10% each to give 200 cp)
    so:
    -minimum 8x25 + 9x50 + 13x100 = 1950 cp
    -maximum 8x25 + 9x50 + 13x200 = 3250 cp
    -in general 8x25 + 9x50 + 13x100(+10%) = 2080
    -with 2 platinum 8x25 + 9x50 + 11x100 + 2x200 = 2150

SOE better price was 1x silver tokens for 45 gold
    -SOE time had 0,9 gold for 1 cp (200 cp = 180 gold)
    -OWL have 3,85 gold for 1 cp at least, but with the best lucky you can get 2,31 gold for 1 cp (200 cp = 462 to 770 gold)

The greater pack gives you 35% off, still 2 times and a half more than SOE, but again WHO CARES? just play the single player game !!

IceNorth likes this.
  9. Tarew

Tarew New Member

Honestly, I think this thread is completely missing the real problem here.

The problem is not that tokens cost too much. The problem is that champions are no longer playable at level 1 like they used to be (when their nora cost was cheaper). If there was an incentive to use champs in their basic form, then gaining cp wouldn't be nearly as much of a grind (if any) and token prices not a problem.

10. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

good point, thats why CP system should go and upgrades should be free.

11. Tarew

Tarew New Member

Heh we already have a thread on that, don't think we need to go there.
    Suffice it to say there are pros and cons towards either removing cp or expanding its usage. Personally I think cp is a crucial part in what made this game unique and removing it altogether would turn Pox into a (graphically inferior) version of many other games out there.
    Basically your average trading card game with the only difference being that the physical position of the card matters.
    But anyway, other thread.

12. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

Never noticed that token price increased so much since the migration!

13. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

Yeah exactly, this new relaunch reeks of greed in every corner I see. Instead of removing CP, redesigning it, or coding the tokens to cost 0 gold or 1 gold each to temporarily bandaid fix the CP issue, they made tokens another cashgrab thinking players would fall for it.

14. Boozha

Something up for gold cannot be a cash grab. Major brain fart, dude.

15. Tarew

Tarew New Member

I haven't seen DOG do anything that even remotely resembles a 'cash-grab' yet or that reeks of greed.
    What did you expect, an instant fix?
    The token issue is not the highest priority issue because it is directly related to the overarching issue of what to do with CP. That is an extremely complicated matter on which the player base too is split.
    It will take time to put together everyone's opinions on it and come up with a solution.
    Until then, they've made tokens available for both gold AND credits so you're perfectly free to choose whether you want to spend money on them, buy them with gold or just cp your champs manually.

If none of those three possible options appeal to you for some reason, you can always use runes that you've already leveled until DOG decides on a course of action. They've undertaken a fairly huge amount of renovations in a very short time so it's not like you'll have to wait for years...

Zenity likes this.
  16. Saka

change the token packs to 1 gold is a 5 second fix. CP system is a shell of a former system anyway and a barrier to new players.

@ Boozha: high prices = cash grab. Artificial time sink, artificial gold sink.

The current token prices and average rune cost are way higher than pre-launch.

Edit: oh by the way, CP system barricading new players like this is a major priority

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    rickyjpen likes this.
  17. Boozha

A gold sink is not a cash grab. Average rune price has plummeted incredibly. In-cre-dib-ly. Seriously, go in the corner and be ashamed.

18. Saka

I play FS. So. Slick and buzz, tide master, kartch, gekaal. You should be the one in the corner, and no more replying to your troll posts, thanks.

19. Boozha

So do I. Um. What is your problem again?

20. Tarew

Tarew New Member

You sound like you've been playing FS for a long time in which case you've probably acquired and cped those runes ages ago. I don't see the relevence.
    And changing the token packs to 1 gold is a terrible solution because DOG has not yet decided what to do with CP.
    You seem to be in favor of doing away with it altogether and that is one view. There are however many players who do not share that view and believe the cp system should be modified but preserved, possibly expanded upon.
    If DOG were to end up deciding the latter, giving away tokens for free now would ruin their business model in the future.

Seriously, try to see more than what is directly in front of you. It's not like tokens were ever free before.