Honestly... Desert Owl I need you to read this.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickyjpen, Mar 16, 2014.

?

Do you think token's prices should be lowered?

1. Yes, It is quite difficult to get tokens with their current pricing.

58.6%
  2. No, I do not mind grinding for hours just to level my BG up.

18.9%
  3. Neutral - Don't really care about the topic in general.

22.5%
  1. Donegals

Donegals Well-Known Member

I think you need to look up the definition of elitism, you are using it wrong.......

Of all those "competitive" games, how many are pay to win? You can now get a competitive deck with $0 investment. It just takes time. That is kind of the opposite of elitism. If you want to take the shortcut, it's going to cost you. It is a SHORTCUT, not the only way of doing it.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Its the shortcut over something as fun as removing your own brains with a spoon. It should be easier, but not de facto mandatory.

3. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

While I agree that the current situation is bad, I don't agree that it requires a reactionary response. It makes sense to think this through properly, and it's not an issue we can't deal with for at least a few more days.

Yes, the whole two of them. :p I think for now it's best not to tell new players to check out the game. I certainly will wait until the kinks have been worked out before recommending the game to anybody.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's not convenience if you have to grind a couple of days for it first

rickyjpen likes this.
  5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Grind with uncp'd champs... cp-ception. Profit!!

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I believe that the implication is that it becomes a convenience when you spend $$ on the token packs.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh so it's convenience if I first have to work for the money, then buy tokens?

My bad

8. Boozha

Or just frustration, quitting and less revenue for DOG. Yeah, thats gonna be it.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't think you understand why people who enjoy playing the game don't like grinding. Might as well reset everyone's CP on all champs cause this grind thing seems to be all the fun, why the frik are people playing ranked to begin with? Let's all hop right into campaigns.

10. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I mean something is going to be done. And it will improve.

You people.

11. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Owls already stated that they are getting ready to change the system, lets talk about CP then shall we?

IF it still exists that is.

12. Authyrtyr

It's usually the idea behind spending money on F2P games. They create an environment in which there's a carrot on a stick that takes time to get to. However, you can move faster if you give them money. Not saying that I agree, because I don't, but that's what ThBigChief was trying to say I think.

13. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah, but the carrot in modern F2P is something cool (e.g. new runes), not removing an artificial barrier to fun.

I have no doubt that the CP system was originally designed to be fun, not as a money grab... The way it is now it just fails at being fun, and that's a far more serious issue than discussions about how it's supposedly vital for the financial survival of the game (which I'm pretty sure it's not) or how people need to "earn" their right to have fun (which is... beyond words).

14. Authyrtyr

As has been mentioned countless times, the CP system is a carry over from the old Rune Forge which was a very unique and awesome system which really set PoxNora apart. Nowadays though it only serves to frustrate everybody.

15. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

• Under SOE, 10 token pack was not available for gold, and cost 400sc
    • When we first got pox, we made 10 token packs available for gold at 4000g/400c
    • Now they are 3000g/150c
    So just now, the gold price drop was 25%, credit price drop was 60%+. Play with this for a bit and see how it feels.

Also its worth mentioning we are currently considering some drastic changes to CP and upgrades in general.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    LordRahan and Zenity like this.
  16. Boozha

I am looking forward to any drastic change, I always hated the new mechanics after the good old forge was killed. Glad with the changes to tokens for now, too. Keep up the good work

17. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Stop being tight and either buy token packs, or grind 3k gold for 10 tokens its not bloomin hard.

It is literally 1.50$ for a pack of 10 tokens, just buy them and support the lovely owls!

Edit: I wanted to vote : Stop being tight and pay the 1.50 or 3kgold, IHATEPEOPLEwhowhineabout not getting everything but don't pay towards the game ****! :mad:@@@@

18. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Oh now this.....this here...is what i like to hear :eek:o_O:D:D:D

Lets get this CP change asap you beautiful Owls! :p

19. symbolist

symbolist New Member

Were we not able to buy individual tokens before? Like... weren't silver tokens like 45 gold or something?

Why did you guys decide to make Token prices obscene? Perhaps SOE started it, but you guys are propagating the system for the profit return, hoping people will drop real money to skip your bs.

20. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Gedden did say they are in the process of working on the CP system...god i pray they make grinding Cp easier :eek: