How and when did you start playing poxnora?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xaznsoulx, Apr 2, 2015.

1. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

I'll start. I saw poxnora on a side ad on a random website one day and clicked it. This was on July 4th 2007. First game I played was a default Fs deck on Brood Pits. During this time lick king was worth the most only second to harbys. Also gainer was always battle master. I then quit and played on and off over the years. I really miss the old roman ranking system (tribuni, prafactus, etc.) some old guilds that were around included frog stomp and mercs. Good ole days...

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

A buddy of mine showed it to me back in like early '08ish, I think. I didn't even make my own account until '09, though, just played on his.

3. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Back then we were able to customize the stats of our champs, made the game more interesting.

4. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I first played Pox with my friend Cellino back in July 07 as Moles1909.

I think my first two games last an hour and 2 hours each, needless to say I didn't play again for a while afterwards, then my friend told me that you could buy cards to make your own deck (i didn't know) and that games didn't last that long usually.

Then I bought some packs to see what it was like, got a Menalaus who I began running at 147 nora with maxed out 200cp on stats, I was hooked and the rest is history :p

5. Capricis

Capricis Member

No idea how or when I started the first time, but I don't count that time anyway. The second time, I searched Steam for card games.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I started Pox after seeing a banner ad on a webcomic. I started just after Shattered Peaks expansion. I've taken a couple years off here and there, gave away my alt with its runes, and donated more than I can remember. I think it is the community that keeps bringing me back. For every troll in the forums, there seems to be a dozen good people.

First game:
    Redguazer vs darklord48
    Lost on Sundered Lands
    Jan 24, 2007 1:41:44 PM 21m

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A few days before the ST expansion. At least 8 months every year since. Going on 8, almost 9 years...

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

was too young to remember actually, can only think of lich king being like 100 bucks in the pox store. Could upgrade stats and had best art with units I could move around on a base. Would usually stick around for a while before the game got boring because I used everything I could afford to get really in single player. Recently would say i've gotten the best I am at this game since I play about one of two ranked games usually a day, starting to be able to just get runes I need quicker so I can try more things.

9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

How on earth do people who played from '07 remember anything about how they started? o_O I can't even remember what the game looked like back then.

10. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I was introduced when I was about 12 or 13 by my brother, which would be about 4 or 5 years ago.

11. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Twas a day to remember. I was 11 years old hovering over my friend Morgan in the school library. I looked at what he was doing and it was a chess like game. He then proceeded to tell me all about it. He was playing ST on the FW island map. He is 'morganfart' in game. I played with a few friends throughout all of middle school and parts of high school. They have since left but I have stayed due to my profound love for this game and the tactics genre. My first faction was SL. I had about 50 ranked losses before I won a game. I mostly stayed in single player until Maljara came out.

12. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I remember it like yesterday! the big ol' bases on champions, the text instead of icons on the UI and the customization of all your stats, I remember upgrading "attack" on my champions not knowing what it did.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I miss the bases

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Thank you, just thank you.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I got bored of runescape or so, and typed in "massive online strategy game" or something, it came up. Being into chess and all, strategy was fun. And here I am now, hooked on the crack of the internet.

17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

My friend was looking for a live action chess game to play online against people. I knew about tactics area, but that was it. He found pox, and destroyed me at it. I saw pox was lame but i had to beat him in him in it. Years latter i did manage to beat him. Now i am in too deep. Wish i would have walked away early.

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I looked on my match history to see when I joined. It's the only game I discovered from a banner ad, so that stands out in my memory.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Good memory.

Also, draksar archers and skeezick netters in the SL starter were the Bane Shift. Draksar gunner cheap as Firk as well. SL starter had one of the most funny decks with the most different sorts of champs. It was glorious.

20. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I remember the leeches, varu dragon, and cute lil DESTROYER with cleave