How do I make a site like Deconder's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gust Gord, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Email me at [email protected] any helpful information that leads me to creating the site I want will lead you to obtaining all of my valuable runes (around 500k poxbox points) some things include shalaxy and x2 Minotaur mages

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

SaintKiwi and BurnPyro like this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If you're asking, you don't.

MEATMAN and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

You don't what? Sorry missed the yoke? Get it zing.

5. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Thank you I'm strongly considering giving you all my runes which book would you consider the most helpful out of the 4?

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Honestly, all of them.

HTML5 would be helpful for the new website, for plugins depends on what you want. @Moles @Wraith Know far more on this subject than myself. I am sure they would be able to point you in the right direction.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Since I haven't seen anything documented about the Poxnora API, you will need to request that from DoG. If you are approved to receive the API information, you will need to have a good understanding of the languages @IMAGIRL mentioned. Personally HTML5 for the website, with Python for the underlying applicaiton.

You will also need to have a good understanding of databases and database design. Personally I would use MySQL. You can use MySQL Workbench to layout your tables and generate the code to create them.

Gust Gord likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You use magic and human sacrifice. be sure to do it right, If you chant the wrong incantation or the sacrifice dies before you hold their still beating heart up to the altar it won't work.

Leadrz, Gust Gord and Qucas like this.
  9. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

For starters you would need a web domain, which means an initial investment (some are pretty cheap, but still). Then you would need to set up a web database (SQL is the most common kind), design a webpage (HTML5, PHP, CSS, etc.), design a credit system, advertise yourself, design an advantage that makes you more attractive than poxbox, develop a way to automatically create trades, launch, hope you get public attention...and that's it! Easy :D

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

as I have said: Magic and human sacrifice.

soulmilk, Leadrz and Gust Gord like this.
  11. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Ty IMAGIRL darklord48 wraith and Geressen (for giving me one serious laugh) IMAGIRL I lied to you I will only give you half my valuable runes and the other half to dark and something for Geressen since he's hilarious

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I can live with that.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You're only saying that because you don't want to be the sacrifice.

Leadrz likes this.
  14. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I just wanna say. You'd be a great mate to have. Never stop laughing. Or you know enjoying a nice sacrifice together.

15. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

Until you have the site up and running why not let a LL player hold your runes for you?

Karmavore and Baskitkase like this.
  16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Thank you. Please let me know when the trade is up. Let me know if you have any other questions too.

17. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

U not funny cuz you just got here

Wraith likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

And a massive pile of runes.

19. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Anything less than 17 Snogvies is unacceptable.

20. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Not necessarily, I started off with I think 4 exotics back with my first forum trade store.

It makes it alot faster and easier to grow if you have more stock ofcourse.