How does antoinelut's deck work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinfoilHatTheory, Aug 19, 2017.

1. This guy ***** me so hard, I need a doll to point out all the places he touched me.

I still don't get how his deck works. How does his Aspect of Violence get rockeater? Why is his Spirit of Mountain so tanky even when non-incorpeal?

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

He gains rock eater etc, through the spell protection. (Which he runs 2 in his bg)
    Also how was SotM not incorpreal? FR?

3. My bad on SotM, I thought all incorporeal champs only had incorporeal on alternate turns.

Do I have a better chance vs him if I give up the side fonts and combine my forces? He doesn't seem to have that many champs.

Sorry for being thick. Which spell gives rockeater? Poxlist isn't turning up anything.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  4. Vote Kanye 2020

Protection, it gives eater of whatever damage type it's affected by first. As for SotM, it's just stupidly broken, don't worry about it too much.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Can you Dispel Protection's temporary X Eater?

6. Vote Kanye 2020

7. Seriously wtf is this deck. I Drain vitality his Aspect of Violence. He somehow gets mobility and 10 speed. No way to stop him.

Even if I dispell, he's already killed my main dps. I can't even retaliate.

8. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

CorpsE would be proud to see that even to this day, AoV is still stomping people.

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

Aspect of violence is terrible design.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

well is better than it was before^_^ the problem is that they want a champion that is the avatar of war and violence, so it should hit really hard. but the balance between hit really hard and hit too hard is always hard to reach. As long as AoV is there, you have to consider there will be superchamp bgs that play only on him.

11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Maybe it should have Warding or something?

12. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

What's this now a split BG breaking the game ? What a Firking shock.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maybe people should learn to wrangle big scary champs better? It has Mystic Opposition, probably, but at least the thing isn't shielded, and it doesn't pack any form of damage mitigation.

14. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Lol spot the biased FW player , easy to say when you play the faction with the 5 easiest counters to superchamps. I wonder how you'd fare without your precious FW instagibs

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pretty well, I'd say. And I am talking about controlling, not killing -- that's why I mentioned the lack of damage mitigation on AoV: if you can keep a hold on the damage it is dealing, you can set up to kill it with some basic focus fire. If decks aren't running their respective factions' control options, maybe they should be. SL, for instance, has a lot of AP control; UD does have powerful responses in the form of Ret and Banish; etc. Champ based disruption exists in the form of Force Barrier and debilitating attacks, and many factions have anti-equip or some other gib options. I hear people have been complaining about Declare: Hunted and aura recently. AoV is also physical damage, and so putting something with Immunity, Resistance, or Incorp in front can help. I think it's totally possible for non-FW factions to handle super champs, even if they don't have the option to include as many direct damage effects.

16. Vote Kanye 2020

Retting against someone who runs 2x protections and 2x ferocity's of whatever sounds fun.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I figure we can just assume people are going to play around that crap, though, and actually use their runes properly. Ferocity does make Ret-as-counter trickier, but I completely don't buy Protection as any argument.

18. Vote Kanye 2020

So protection wouldn't make him immune to ret and doesn't count as damage mitigation? Gotcha.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As in, if you check for Protection prior to using Ret, which you should be doing, I don't see it as substantively complicating Ret's use compared to any other general damage sequence. Yes, Protection functions as damage mitigation; no, it does not especially mitigate Retribution.

20. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Nah, you had to charge him and generate ap, or he was stuck as 6spd 1-1 fat skirmisher, without seism present, and with more abilities on champs - even ireguard with 7 spd and 1-2 was very rare sight at that time.
    And now he can just derp and eat faces right away if you don't have a good counter, same as all other favored-by-calc designs.