How does DOGz plan to solve the no trading problem on PS4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Jun 15, 2017.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I know ps4 is a bit of a meme, however if this game was ever to survive on ps4, which I assume was their intention, there are major flaws that come with opening packs on new exp.

Midterms - You can't trade them 1:1. Which means if you want to get 2x whatever midterm it is, you either have to buy a shitload of packs, or wait until next midterm. Neither seems rather appealing.

Boxes - Likewise with the above however moreso for exos. Not only that however, with the new pack system you're getting some ridiculous amount of r/un/c duplicates, which you cant trade to PB and you can't shard. So these are essentially worthless until next exp. These are also what people are recommending new players buy even though on ps4 they are largely worthless since their value is technically really low.

Its clear the ps4 needs a different pack structure to PC. Perhaps even one where you can choose the faction of runes you want for midterm, a smaller box size for new expansions, and a possible forge feature for new expansion runes that is balanced in some way.

What do you guys think or are we just going to let PS4 rot indefinitely?

2. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Ideally, they should enable universal crafting in the PS4 except for maybe some very special LEs and possibly some better shard conversion rates than on the PC version. Like 99% of trade locked contemporary card games have crafting systems like that.

Teardrop82 likes this.
  3. Andoid

Andoid Member

4. GoldTiger

That post is exactly the problem. Thanks for pointing it out so that people in this thread don't have to look up the pack update thread themselves to fully witness the exacerbation of the problem for new expansion content on ps4.

"Wowzers just bought 1 expansion box. Now I have 5 exotics... and one of the one I want!!! Except all the meta decks are running 2 :(. Not to mention I know have 5 copies of Arroyo Eye that I can't shard for any shards, and I only have 1 copy of Dawnmist. I need 2 for my BG and I could really use those shards to finish off my other BGs!"

*Midterm Comes*
    "Hella dope I just got Swift Current... Too bad I don't play FS. I really wanted that Frostwing Slayer. Looks like I'll have to get crushed by the meta until next expansion when they nerf the midterms."

I feel like barely anyone reads posts 2 lines and just skim read the content. The above post is all fine and dandy for PC, but we are talking about PS4 players, to which all of that means nothing.

5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I think they have to let all runes be craftable, even if the latest expansions should cost alot more shards they need to be able to get them (PSN players) without trusting RNG too much.
    Hopefully the devs got good plans besides the updates on marketplace, but cant remember if ive seen any of them being posted.
    think we are in the condition that during the summer hotfixing critical bugs are what we can hope for, maybe in the fall/winter there are also coming good features.
    Even if i think this game is awesome in depth, i do not recommend my friends to try it out in current state.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

hmmm.....they can't trade by ps4's rules....

I wonder if they could create a donate system, thus allowing players to give other players runes.

7. Andoid

Andoid Member

That's still a form of trading and sony is not getting to allow that.

I'm going to be honest I like the idea of the new rune packs & with the new Decks, PoxNora is even more Free then it was then the PS4 version first released.

Trading is a big pain in the butt and there's always someone trying to rip someone off, my personal experience with a trading game and I had to deal that all the time as I was a trade mod for that game but I myself never got ripped off.

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Well devil is in the details they wouldn't alliw trading in dust514 either but they did allow donating.

That said i think they did eventually cave and allow trading but i had quit by then

9. GoldTiger

It's not about if the game is free or if they will be able to make decks with little cost.

It's about whether or not they are able to access the latest content comfortably. With the current system they can not @Andoid

10. Andoid

Andoid Member

It doesn't bother me and if only the latest content will keep you playing then this game isn't for you, people are never happy when they got a good thing going.

If you don't like that you can't trade play the PC version it looks just like the PS4 version but you can trade.

That's the way I see it, no offense @GoldTiger.

11. GoldTiger

How is it fair that a player can spend thousands of dollars but still may not be able to include 2x rare after buying 2 boxes on new exp day simply because they play PS4 instead of PC?

I don't think you understand that I play PC too and can play whatever BG I want right now. A player on PS4 with my level of investment would not be able to use the new midterms coming out at all. Imagine if new expansions we're only for PS4 players and not PC at all. Would you feel the same way?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  12. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

I played on pc around a decade ago. Just started again last week on ps4. I did dump 200 bucks into it just to get a jump. Starting out, I think it's fine with no trades. Kinda forces you to use what u got, and learn/experiment with runes.

However, after time, If I want to be competitive I can see the lack of trades being a pain. Mostly for me, the biggest problems on ps4 are the inability to forge legends, and the daily/weekly gold quests not working. Both of which are being addressed I hear. But, I'm new, what do I know.

Andoid likes this.
  13. GoldTiger

When the midterm drops you won't be able to use those runes for ~1 year.

14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

That's not a regular cycle.

15. GoldTiger

~6 months.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

with the pack updates you should be able to more specifically chase the runes you're after. and you're correct those issues are being looked at

17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

The legendary forge thing is a bug so people will be able to craft them later, same for quests and such. I am hoping DoG gives PS4 accounts some sort of compensation for the lack of quest income of at least equal value of everything they've missed on but they could be nice and give them 2x as an apology. It just seems like the right thing to do in this case you know?

Lluis83 and Tubesox like this.
  18. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

That's a good idea, and I will support it

Lluis83 likes this.
  19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

FREE STUFF FOR EVERYONE

20. Andoid

Andoid Member

@GoldTiger don't get me wrong it does need Improvement but I'm not concerned with it at this time, that's all I'm saying ok.