How does sl deal with super champs ?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by super71, Jul 25, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Is purge pretty much the only option, also any good units with shatter in sl ? I'm playing skeezick right now and the only problem I had so far was a demon vein with demon shield and he was endlessly healing.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Magnetism for equips, Slum Market for high DEF

Qucas and darklord48 like this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Reforge also works with the added benefit of equipping them with something else to prevent further equipment, but Magnetize is usually more beneficial to include in a BG.

4. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

dragonfear?

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

super i had the exact problem... vs superchamps and arrow eater when playing skeezick. i think purge sucks, doesnt take away added abillities only conditions. even precision wouldnt go through arrow eater, not much of an option anyway. forbidden fruit + transfusion is too costly including your dead champ, cant use that on every arrow eater guy. theres not enough aoe ability dmg ignore def in skeezicks, i dont like totem, there is some lightening paralysis guy... cd's too high... i think the best bet would be include draksar morph for metamorphasis, a transfusion too maybe, else maybe skywing imperator. alchemist seems auto include. i even struggle with low dmg vs things like crusader / brewmasters and other high def.

oh you could have used magnetize as mentioned already, its a shatter.

super71 likes this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the detailed advice, I'll be trying me skeezick bg again soon. Playing dragons right now since I got tired of losing using skeezick.

7. Excalibur95

slum market will help with granting one strike (ignore def), never used it though. the doctor can heal, so can totem and everyone uses him, just i didnt like him mainly cos of cd on acid bomb, i think you should use him. try more melee units maybe idk, i know i bring 6 ranged units and that seems a lot but it has won me games... melee only consistent way to kill arrow eater, evasive, elusive stuff though. i dont think sl melee can go toe to toe with ud melee. running skeezick blackguard is a must, i run him with reflexes and he excels until he gets hit with fading recollection.

i honestly could not fit everything in a 30 rune deck that i needed. guy i know who plays skeezick well does a stand off game waiting for healing and cd's and picks you off, used doctor to buff his units in meantime, not sure if he used anything else.. wasnt my play style though.

is SL playable still i didnt understand the bonus changes.

8. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

^ So draksar melee can fight UD, new draksar construct has precision for elusive and evasive, also vex cor pram, instead of a single attacker strike, for just 4 more nora you can delete his defense and do damage to him and his friends

9. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I include a source of both precision and stroke into my BG to ensure I can handle those. Otherwise I play a mitigation game, and just be patient :p

10. Caspar

Caspar New Member

Valdaci Bolter with strike and rage band

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

resilient has shatter

12. Excalibur95

just include draksar morph and make damn sure you have enough champs on board to finish off the snail/toad, Bane Shift doesnt last soo long... can also be cleansed.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  13. Excalibur95

skeezick blackguard with reflexes 3 and counter attack melee + dunewalker's mantle equip still as strong as ever, he can take insane amounts of damage. run 2x of each.

with two blackguards out or deployed one after the other, you make use of any banners still on the board that your first blackguard made.

other target for the mantle is usually skywing imperator to get full benefit, still dies easy... or anything else you want to keep alive.

yes im forced to run morph (metamorphosis) and imperator (2x alt aoe dmg) in my szeezick deck, cos skeez are lacking. i run both 2x.

morph's mutate ability on blackguard makes him even more awesome too, hope for the +2 def. mutate's cooldown is not soo bad either.

xD

14. Excalibur95

magnetize spell is usually easier than using a champ's shatter, but its obviously one use.

15. Excalibur95

i use valdaci sentry mainly for observation also illuminate (sets def to zero once attacked)... but he is mediocre at best and dies easy, is certainly not a tank. he is also a skeezick, just.

szeezick need more multi-role (abilities) champions, like having observation and another needed ability, hey having three would be cool too. utility champs too.. imo they are lacking.

makes deck space very tight.

a decent tank would be ideal for skeezicks, one starting with 3 def, tough (3) etc..

but it seems the dev style is if the faction bonus does x we will limit giving them what all other factions have, essentially making all factions kinda equal. for example ud champs with low starting damage bumped up only by the faction +4 dmg bonus. SL -2 faction dmg so no high def or tough champs for them.

other factions / themes actually end up with better tanks than skeezicks.

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you put rage band on vindrax and show them what a real super champ looks like.

Excalibur95 likes this.
  17. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Use Forbidden Fruit if youre really finding super champs a problem. Run some Transfusion, Unstoppable, Energy Thief or Invigorate to combo with FF.

davre likes this.
  18. Excalibur95

cost of your champ, transfusion spell and forbidden fruit is too high a cost.

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Depends how much Nora they've put into their champ. Plus, if you're using a full hp champ you're doing it wrong.