How is buckethead not at least 60 nora?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Aug 16, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm watching a game and this 38 nora piece of Bane Shift is sitting there being undercosted as Firk pumping out passive damage, while having decent hp, good defense and decent damage.

Cool story SP

Pattn199 likes this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I can remember few times when moga weren't utterly efficient

SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.
  3. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

ghernbound needs to be reimagined in how it works, so that the moga dont go from slightly less useful champions to your avergae champion for dirt cheap as soon as 1 other champ with ghernbound is in play.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Bashes another thread for sp runes being overpowered, makes a thread about so runes being overpowered.

Your garbaggggggggggggeeeeeeeee

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

*you're

JellyBerry, BurnPyro and darklord48 like this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Because this is what a 63 nora Berserker 2 champ looks like:

upload_2016-8-16_20-45-14.png

upload_2016-8-16_20-45-26.png

Fundamentally, 2 things are going on here:
    1. How you value Careless (for Zerker champs in general)
    2. How you value G'hernbound

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  7. Sokolov

It is certainly quite binary, though technically it does have an AE.

I do, however, have some ideas I am working on for G'hernbound/Overseer.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Tweek516, newsbuff, Woffleet and 2 others like this.
  8. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I too think ghernbound could use a rework, and always have actually- though it's always only been because of how binary it is. Seeing how much of a discount it gives champs though makes me think even more it should be worked on.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This comparison does happen to include Kill Frenzy, which is perhaps the weakest kill-trigger in the entire game. I wouldn't even pay 1 nora for it.

10. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

So, assuming kill frenzy *is* overcosted, if we then remove ghernbound, they're what, 5 Nora apart? Seems like ghernbound is the problem then.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

G'hernbound is still only -5 on value assuming you are outside of Overseer range; it's +9 if you're inside.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

A while back I made the comparison of Ghernbound to old Semi Aquatic and Ghernbound for sure is too big of a discount for how easily it is negated.

There's a reason why water was made less accessible.

13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i mean no one playes kanen but they are OP as fk. Thats why im playing them atm. they are voil levels disgusting with hp nora ratio Efficiency. kanen scavenger 56 nora 60 hp with boost,warbanner,idol. and that is not counting the free attacks / awesome ap movment /dmg from feulrage.

animus at 59 hp 8 speed 13 dmg... so either it double taps or it hits once and the rest of the ap it just gives too the feulrage champ.

not sure why they are not getting abused. @Agirgis1 was playing em before he left.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

SP has plenty of undercosted champions.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You realize that your thread was about a champ that wasn't even ran outside of rare league, whereas buckethead is actually overpowered.

But you're such a simpleton you can't even make that distinction, because all you see is two times SP. It's like you were born ******** and got more stupid ever since.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

To me, it's more how you value an extra two defense and aura 3 on a dirty cheap champion, at the cost of 10 hp. Kill frenzy is next to useless though on 1x1s.

When making the title I realised it probably should have been *50 nora instead of 60* nora, but 60 nora had a better feel to it. Still, even when dropping g'hernbound, you pay 47 nora for the leap 2 version. The only thing bad about that champ is it's relatively low hp, compensated by 2 defense. It's the fact that it's so low costed, but with a dot and aura, will pump out great damage for good value when managed properly.

That is if we completely ignore g'hernbound, which is 9 nora. The -3 damage and -1 speed isn't all that effective when you still end up with 6 speed. The 8 damage might be meh, but that's where the dot and the aura kicks in. For 38 nora - whatever discount from SP bonus, it ends up being what, 35 or 34? I'm not sure how the SP bonus rounds up/down.

JellyBerry likes this.
  17. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

At 38 nora,it gets 4 nora on deploy and 2 on death.

18. Sokolov

Don't forget it has 1 less SPD too.

Either way, my point is that if the Buckethead was 60 nora, it'd have a good chunk more stats/abilities. That said, it's true that some abilities will feel stronger on cheaper champs.

JellyBerry likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

fair enough

Maybe it's just g'hernbound in general, but I felt like buckethead stood out. I've seen it ran in meta SP without bothering to get an overseer, just for the raw champ alone. Is there anything in the works for g'hernbound/moga?

JellyBerry likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Is Ryv back?