How much melee champions do you play?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by IronStylus, Dec 24, 2016.

?

title

1. 5-6

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. 9

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. 10-11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 12 or more?

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 1-3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I just transferred to FS from KF and while adjusting playstyle to a new faction, I came with the problem of psychic bg composition. As I use stndardly 8 melee + 5 range champs and 2 supports in almost every theme I play i found that FS has not many champions that can fill different roles (at least in psychic theme). Is it possible to play with less than 8 melee guys? I also feel lacking defensive utilities from KF, but I think it's just a matter of adjustment and getting used to other tools and resources like this nora or awesome single target dmg and hps.
    Edit: sorry for messy poll and not clear topic, but I really care for the results and statistic on the question. it's impossible to figure out for me

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I don't use much melee in FS, unless playing Snaps or specific "idea".

FS is built around healing and gimmicky abilities. So ranged/support champs are generally gonna be a big part of your force. I find that most of my FS forces have the following composition:
    1-2 dedicated supports
    3-4 dedicated ranged
    4-6 ranged/support
    3-4 dedicated melee
    (something like that)

IronStylus likes this.
  3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

It really depends on which theme your playing. How tanky are the melee units your using or how well you can keep your melee alive, either by support or through ranged pressure.

Specifically in psychic, you can go by with less melee due to stillwater mutant being such an amazing tank (but don't rely too heavily on it since high dmg, alt dmg and/or dispel will pretty much screw him over).

As for defensive measures we have quite a few. Reverb Blast, backfire, bubble, murkwater weakness and the all mighty poison trap.

4. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

In meta collective I run:
    4 melee tanks
    4 melee beaters (quite tanky still)
    4 short ranged (<5)
    2 long ranged
    Slick and Buzz (whatever you want to call him)

In psychic I agree that there aren't a great deal of melee champs. A good way around this is to run firk illusionist. If you let it gen its pretty much 2-3 champions worth of hp and should let you stall out at least a little bit until you ramp.

5. IronStylus

hmm still only 3 ppl voted and those 2 votes (12+melee) are misterious a bit. Is it true? 12 melee champs in a forglar bg?

6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Thing is melee is a bit vague. Does glowing slider count to you? Are slick and buzz vs darkmarsh enforcer in the same category? I would hope not. Anyways half and half is always a good ratio because FS has possibly the best ranged options in the game.

7. IronStylus

no, slick and buzz isn't in this cathegory. slider is also in another - a dedicated support. I should probably explain better what I mean by stating 'melee champions' in this thread - it's a beater or a full tank you would not hesitate to run into mid or opponent's font to contest, whose one of the roles is to occupy a space on the font you are fighting for. It's a champion you'd usually (not always) want to deploy first.

8. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

I tend to run 3-4 dedicated melee tanks and then another 2-3 semi tanky units.