How to create a victorious split?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by flash88, May 7, 2014.

1. flash88

flash88 Member

I like to create splits , mixing combos and evaluate bgs , this is the best way to stimulate reasoning and create a fun bg .one thing I'm learning as I watch matches is :

-Bg with expensive champions : without the right to the aid of spells , relics or equips ( because the cost of nora is exceeded and ends up missing champions in the field)

-Bg with cheap champions : entitled to the aid of spells , relics etc ... ( because you can enjoy a good number of champions even weaker with an extra aid without having less champions in the field)

And: a group that has combos and group synergy (without dependence on spell ) is much stronger than a group that relies on spells for victory because the cost is beyond clueless and end up missing champions in the field ( which are the basic in a match),nobody wins with only one champion I see now many with this error : only cast spell , using relics and forgetting champs...

So that's my tip Also have a good bg :
    -Low cost nora
    -combos without spell
    -defensive capability and some healing

I do not like ranged champions , has a high cost , generally low hp , low defense and low damage and have to be retreating when surrounded by some mlee ,i preffer mlees.
    Thanks , just my opinion.
    What do you think ?

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

To make a winning Split bg, you have to take two winning modules able to work well relatively isolated from each faction and that work well together, bringing some combo or synergy in the process.
    For example, aquatics are top meta bg, because there are a group of runes that are OP, but you cannot take that group of runes and mix them with other faction because they need FS support or they stop being OP. Now, you can take a goblin spellkaiser a bok raider and a couple maddening echoes and they'll work well everywhere, now, bok raider is a dragon, you can mix it with skywings, that also happen to be powerful and good in small modules and you have something to start to work with.
    Ussually, between two factions you'll be able to cover any weakness you had in one of them to adapt your bg better to yourself, that is almost the most important thing in pox, feeling comfortable with your runes.

flash88 likes this.
  3. flash88

flash88 Member

Good tips Gabriel ,I agree to every word and feeling comfortable with tunes this is very important, nothing worse than playing a team that plays only raw damage, have to like what you do

4. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Where would a spell heavy split bg fall? I run into a lot of these when my rank decays in rate and exocitc league and do catch me off guard. I see a lot of bgs eith 15+ spells and just superchamp the jesus out of them. Most are st splits running sheild blizz cloak favor etc.

5. Farfallo

Farfallo New Member

Those split super champ BGs fall into the "Joke" or "No Skill" category. They usually are a hit or miss and thats why you won't really find them past the exotic ranks. Experienced players will find ways to deal with a shielded, cloaked impenetrable, unstoppable champ with 9 def and tough 3. One thing to keep in my mind is that no matter how strong the champ is its gonna be hard for the guy to hold all the fonts on the field and with limited resources its harder for your opponent to pull out the spells from the magical hat every turn.