How to deal with skeezick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rokkushun, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have maybe beaten them once, I've tried rushing and stalling but neither seem to work.

tips?

(EDIT: to be completely clear I just want to say I don't think they are imbalanced. I just don't know how to fight them.)

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Kill the ones with warcry first.

Warcry OP.

OriginalG1 and Morfeas like this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

bring their champs down to 0 or lower hp works. The lower into the negative the higher the score at the end!

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This after my game? HEYO

Anyhow, they're all about that phys attack (sometimes acid). Some resists are good. Killing the rioter/warcries is pretty dopes. Keep in mind that they AP gen pretty hefty. Most of them are quite easy to kill though.

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Except the warguard. Firk him.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Get the first hit. Skeezick love hitting first, because they can hit hard if they plan. Keep em down, and play around the bonus AP from March.

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Sandspouts (yes, firk you too), Cancel Magic, ignore the Warguard, focus the Warcry/Rioter (as was already said); engage the warmage to make them cry. AoE them to death.

On a funny note, I faced this Skeezick player yesterday who had his General surrounded by a font and 3 of my guys and I was preparing to kill him. So he casted Draconic Sacrifice. I attacked with everything I could and when his turn started, his Shrine went to -19 hp.

Idk what the moral of the story is, but I wish Draconic Sacrifice was a better spell. (That was a bad time to cast the spell anyway.)

8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Why don't you ask him yourself?

@Skeezick

9. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

buff stitcheds

10. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Obviously the right way to beat skeezicks is to nerf them.

11. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Rebuke OP

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

kill the warcry or surge/ranged units first. Also if your bg isn't strong you will probably get rekt since skeezick are pretty good now and aren't losing to maps anymore.

Weak bgs don't beat strong bgs unless your skill level is far superior to your opponents or you outplay them heavily. Even then often times you will lose if the difference between bgs is enough. I have experienced this a lot playing against kf or using custom bg or lesser themes versus meta.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  13. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thanks for the tips, but I don't remember any skeezick in our game giving me much trouble?
    In that one the enslaver draksar guys were the pain, and the locust in my back font?

But anyhow thanks again for the advice everyone!

All of the factions I run have no source of rebuke (except a semi-aquatic mirefolk which I'd have to change my deck substantially to incorporate.) but I can incorporate a few more resist-physical units I suppose.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oops, apologies. I confused it with a matchup on the same map where I played skeezick instead.

Gib the warcries, I'd say is the most important thing, as mentioned. Much luck.

15. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

In conclusion:
    Skeezick are fine.
    Warcry needs nerf/rework.
    Buff stitched.

Skeezick likes this.
  16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this is true, skeezick would need buffs after the warcry nerf though, also voil need buffs whether or not warcry gets nerfed. Voils could use cost reductions/buffs to their ranged champs and more synergy.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Warcry is top priority. Next I really like to take out those netters if I can. If you count spaces it can help you predict when they want to make a play as they'll stay out of attack range+2 for March. You'll have to add one space if theres a drummer out. Getting away from a DB, Drummer, March play is probably not going to happen. However, thats a 105 nora (plus a champ) power play so they should be deadly, if they don't score with it the game is likely over.

Generally, I want to contest with a relic if possible to avoid Waylay although the spell is nothing like it used to be. Glad no one has paired skeezick with new IS font bonus.

And no, Moles, rebuke is rather pointless unless you have it in large amounts. Skeeze are cheep and the fronties taking a few dmg to power play is nothing.

SPiEkY and Sirius like this.
  18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The trick is to play around a Warcry if you can. It's typically rather obvious how skeez are going to come at you. Move the warcryer in, then move everything else, then attack. So if you can prevent that Warcry from going of that will levee a number of champs in a vulnerable place.

So something like whispers or blizzard cloak does wonders for this.

Sirius likes this.