How To Deal With X

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BroWatchThis, Jun 1, 2015.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I was winning vs frost amp with zombies, disease amp, and surrounding his fewer units (with ice aura) vs my numerous zombies with disease aura, both sides using aura level 3,
    and I intelligently calculated enough to kill a lot of his units, but in the end, frost amp won. And too often would a single jakei extinguisher out-damage 3-4 zombies in a pure aura battle

Needless to say I can't have fun on this game right now, so here's to another break

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Extinguisher is very good if you can't keep him Diseased -- he'll chew through cheap ground units.

3. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Doom his life from eternity

4. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

True about FW players cant figure out how meta works now, but hey its a strategy game after all

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Seems to get a hell of a lot of bang for it's bucks, there are a lot of sources of cheap amp, Ice damage and then spells like Ice Storm don't really help either.

6. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

How can I deal with Aurora elves and Illuminate? Every time I go against it all my BGs got wrecked by all that blindness and powerturns

@edit don't ever forget about Discover, which just ****s all my stealth plays on the board

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, but what do they do on the field that gives you trouble? Are you unable to kill their champions, do they out swarm you, can they dish out a ton of damage and you can't stop them rolling -- what's the MO that's causing problems?

8. potatonuts

It mainly seems to be an efficiency thing, they can deploy two or three units and then practically wipe the board with a bit of spell spam.

Spacing isn't really helpful as Ice Storm hits such a huge area and the remaining ice terrain always causes problems.

I feel like the solution is simply getting to the powerturn before they do but that's basically relying on draw wins.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've actually had some problems with Ice BGs as well, but it mostly comes in the form of Revere/Cloak of Ice comboing for large damage multipliers. Right now I think my problem may just be minor optimization issues, but we'll work this out.

10. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

NKD doesnt Work if the champ is distracted. Use wailing banshe, cackling witch or moragen.

@BroWatchThis This can be included in top text.

11. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hi, I am new to FW, so I need an answer for a noob question: How do we detect stealth champions??

I know we have Dark messenger, Death Harvester and Eye of Serkan but just the Legendary one seems that "do" extra things plus the detection. So I feel that I am missing something about the Death Harvester or the spells/relics we have.

Any advice wellcome. Thx.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You can try Festering Wounds, if you're running Tomb. Not necessarily recommended. Also consider Skeletal Raider. He's ok. Other than that, just suck it up, really. FW has mediocre detection options, and your goal should be to punish your opponent for investing in something as technical as stealth. What sort of stealth situations have been a problem for you?

13. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

well, stitched dreameaters mostly. With the AoE damage and unknowing where they are I lost lot of APs and some spells trying to detect them.
    I am running a spirit deck so I feel the messenger could be ok, but I feel it is expensive for just detection... Essence Capture skill on a champion with 9 damage seems useless. And the Raider dont fit well in the theme.

For Festering Wounds I need one global damage like Unholy Tomb or the Thome, so not sure if this is the solution I need: 50 F Wounds + 40/45 of the Tomb/Tome is a bit expensive in my opinion...

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Messenger is hot garbage, don't run it.

15. myraezel

myraezel New Member

why is messenger so bad, i really like his spead, 10 per round with teleport + life leach, specially combined with cloak of skulls, or repurposed berserker.

pls tell me contra points i am not aware of.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What Messenger?

cz4r likes this.
  17. potatonuts

Sounds like he is referring to Spectral Emissary, might be lost in translation or something.