How to easily post your decks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Every once in a while i find a person playing a really cool bg while i am observing, so i ask them to post it onto the forums. Or send me the deck list.

They then have one of 3 answers.

Either they start typing it up on by saying 2x bloodbinder, 2x arthromancer...ect

If they know of poxbase they sometimes use that to send me a link, and then again, tell me which runes are missing if poxbase is not up to date.

Now the best and fastest way in my opinion is to do this:
    First to your Run/windows bar
    Capture.PNG

next type "Snipping Tool" or just "Snipping" or just "Sni"....
    Capture.PNG

I am pretty sure every windows computer comes pre-installed with it.

Next a dialog box will come up, there you can click on "new" and then Drag the courser in a rectangular shape around whatever you are trying to snip. You can also snip in "free form" "window" "full Screen" you can also put a delay on the snip as well. But Rectangular works best with our rune manager.

once you have let go of the courser another box will come up. In the top left-middle ish their is a purple "save snip" Butten.

I usually just click the copy button, because i delete it right after anyhow.

Then when your on the forums you can do one of two things to get the picture into the conversation. Either you click "Upload file" and go to your desktop and click it.

Or you Drag and drop it into the dialog box :
    Capture.PNG
    their you then have to click "Full Image" So that everybody can see it without having to download it.

@booskap

did i miss anything? (@newsbuff , or @computerbuff)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

This is how it comes out: Capture.PNG

super71 and 19madfox95 like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Can also PrtScrn, open an MSPaint document, paste, cut out the BG from the MSPaint, and then paste that cut directly into the forums. Don't even need to save the MSPaint doc.

super71, aseryen, mortal ix and 5 others like this.
  4. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Theres also always the modified poxbox that was recently posted... which is much better because then you can easily know which cards are which.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

lol, check out this chump with 0 tickets.

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pro Tip: If you paste into paint and "highlight" the section you want you can hit Ctrl+Shift+X to instantly crop to the the highlighted area.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

My problem is not posting a bg pic on the forums. My problem is that there is no easy way to post bg profile with pic, exact rune names and number in list stylw, and champion upgrades. Most old players can look at pic and figure it out, but most people that request bg profiles from me can't. Also, im lazy so I only do pics

DrakeArron likes this.
  8. DrakeArron

Hopefully the new deckbuilder/UI will fix this somewhat. If it doesn't I'm not sure what we'll do, as that'll be DO's one chance to fix it easily.

9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Wow dude ive been imgprint, paste on Paint, save as jpg, upload it to tinypic and paste here the image URL.. thank you

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

with my method your saving about 2-3 of those steps. but yes, that also works.

11. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

This is the way I've done it for years lol

12. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Man, I've been uploading stuff to Imgur to post decks and other pics...

Thanks for the tip. :D

Kampel likes this.
  13. SomeYY

SomeYY New Member

I don't know, Rune Manager can be accessed through browser and all... doesn't seem that large of a leap to create some public view of that??

14. DrakeArron

Thats exactly what this thread is about.
    As for poxbase, thats better because you can actually see each champs name and abilities, and you can also build a deck out of runes you don't own.

15. SomeYY

SomeYY New Member

I think you are missing my point... I wish there is a quick poxbase like way of posting your current BG (see the actual runes) through Rune Manager (or any other official means); my assumption is Rune Manager could be tweaked to do that.

I mean you can always recreate or build a new one through poxbase (and list runes you want to use that is not in poxbase separately) but you shouldn't have to for BG you are already running...

16. DrakeArron

Oh, yeah, that was already mentioned, and your wording didn't make it sound like it was a suggestion as to how to change the actual client. Sorry...

17. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Bump, everyone needs this info

aseryen likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Horizontal taskbars so weird!

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats vertical sok....

20. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Snag.gy is what I find easiest. Just copy and pastes then gives you a link, ezpz.