How to get rune images

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I'd like to make a guide but I can't figure out how to get rune images for adding some color in the guide. Can anyone direct me to a good method or acquiring just the rune images? If I try to just save the image off of PoxBase or the Rune Checklist I just get the stats layover.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

When you go to the checklist and right click on the image, a option should be "image info" or something like that (firefox), that will give you a pop up window with information of many images, and one is the art you are looking for.

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

It's… a little more complicated then that.

However, they can be accessed here and I am working, very, very, very slowly working on compiling them and organize them.

if you want to parse through them yourself, you can start at

http://poxnora.desertowlgames.com/images/runes/lg/1.jpg

And go all the way through to 9027.

There are a lot of gaps in there by the way.

if you would like to help catalog them for one of the other projects I am working on, feel free to contribute here!

4. GabrielQ

[​IMG]

Code:
    https://d2aao99y1mip6n.cloudfront.net/images/runes/lg/cj9Ej9Dj9CG2BG2Aj9Cj9Dj9Eeeeerzzgvqhtmnj.jpg

5. KTCAOP

6. GabrielQ

Yeah, but is there something inherently wrong with the method I described?

7. KTCAOP

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that there was but I can see that how I posted it did.

The string after the rune names as far as I am aware have no meaning, so if you are looking for a rune, it makes little to no sense as making searching for a rune image more difficult, while the numerical value does have a *small* semblance of meaning (due to when they were released and the category/type of rune) that the directory could be more useful if you are hunting for a particular rune image.

For me in Safari, if I just try to open the rune image, it will just show me this background instead and so I would have to go through and parse through the source code to find it

Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 12.15.34 PM.png

Your way works, I was just trying to show that there was an alternate way to do it if you were trying to browse to try to find the rune image you are looking for.

8. GabrielQ

I was just asking, maybe there was something out of my consideration that makes that method not recommendable.

9. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

GabrielQ's method worked fine for me. Thanks guys!