How to produce DMZ

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Jlordi34, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Jlordi34

Jlordi34 New Member

I was thinking of putting together an elsari BG or arroyo, but I was wondering if y'all could help me with the best runes for producing a DMZ area in which to take advantage of the abilities of these two decks?

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Champions:

Witches (best to worst)
    -Elsari Votary
    -Inkblight Witch
    -Dark Seductress​

Spirits (best to worst)
    -Shadestriker
    -Arroyo Shadestriker
    -Whisperghast
    -Arroyo Riftlord
    -Experimental Warspirit

Other (best to worst)
    -Soul Collector
    -Obsidian Venger
    -Dusk Creeper (too sandbagged to be worth it)
    Spells (from best to worst):

-Despoil
    -Darkweave
    -Drain the Earth
    -Haunt
    Relics (best to worst)

-Ark of the Elsari
    -Arroyo Portal​

Equipment (best to worst)

(none?)​

DiCEM0nEY, ghklf and Jlordi34 like this.
  3. SireofSuns

Personally I'd with Arroyo if you're looking to build a decent bg, Witches got nerfed really hard this patch for various reasons, and while Spirits also got nerfed, Arroyo still function very well.

Jlordi34 likes this.
  4. Jlordi34

Jlordi34 New Member

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Let's see what I can come up with

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

6. SireofSuns

Well, they cost the same, and Portal can generate free meat for contesting easily, but in terms of producing DMZ, Ark is far better.

In terms of being basically good, I'd choose Portal, in terms of just getting out DMZ, I'd choose Ark.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Ah okay I understand. Yeah fair enough.

8. Jlordi34

Jlordi34 New Member

Sire one more question, if an opposing unit is in DMZ, and my opponent uses a spell that effects all friendlies, i.e. Draconic benediction, do the units still receiver the benefits?

9. SireofSuns

Yes. Sadly ot does not give Warding or any such thing, it will only stop the opponent from playing spells if they try to target the spell in a your DMZ spaces.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I don't think Elsari voltray is that good for dmz, he is very squishy. I use him as a support unit with commander Elsari. Elsari coven probably isn't needed, but I never seem to have enough of it. Well, I think dark seductress can get more dmZ due to her stealth mechanic. If u get to a middle font with a ark behind you, it can really snowball a game.

SireofSuns likes this.
  11. SireofSuns

I like Votary because he can do several things at once, and being able to put out DMZ from range is wonderful.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  12. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Possibly another Relic or Spell similar to The Resistance that can generate DMZ.

Spell
    -if cast on a Witch, Witches gain Descecrated Zone r2
    -if cast on a Vampyre, something that would be worthwile for the theme
    -if cast on a Lich, '" "​

Relic, similar to The Resistance.

SireofSuns and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

Yeah, I think that would help. The theme Nerf's seem to make it weird playing non meta decks. These kind of spells definitely would put things back in better direction imo

aseryen and SireofSuns like this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

I'll try that. Do you think witches / dmz units will receive buffs, or are they still somewhat playable? I'm too noob to figure it out myself

15. SireofSuns

They're still playable, but they got hit hard. They used to be able to easily capitalize on Cursed enemies, but now it's much harder to do that without also having a large DMZ module. So... If you feel confident in your deck making skills, go ahead. Just know you'll be suffering from Pox's version of M.A.D. (Multiple Attribute Disorder, a painful thing in D&D).

Witches have several things they can do/focus:

-AP Denial: This requires Wretched Witch, several spells, some relics, and a lot of constant Cursing.
    -Debuff: This requires specific Witches over others, as well as constant Cursing.
    -Death Curse: This is the main one, it capitalizes on Cursed enemies (Pain Curse, various spells, the ability Curse, etc.). However, now our most reliable way to Cursing the enemy, On Deploy, is gone. So we have to ALSO make use of the next module ->
    -DMZ: Witches have a knack for making DMZ and using it, though now they're outclassed by other FW runes in this aspect. DMZ themes need plenty of non-Witch runes (which then weakens Death Curse if you use it...).

So... Yeah. You can do it. It's just very hard and will take a lot more skill than it used to. I guess that answers people's complaints of FW being easy mode? I never understood that complaint...

DiCEM0nEY and aseryen like this.