How to restart an infinite thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chemical22, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Gasp! Do you need help? :(

But seriously, inhaling meat sounds unhealthy

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I probably shouldn't have tried to scarf down that lunchmeat so fast.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

So i have his ladyfriend. She's usually cute bubbly and fun but sometimes, like when one of the guys in our group makes a sexist joke against women, she can get pretty animated. Monday night we were out for one of our friends' 21st. It was a good night lahdeedah, then our sober buddy drives us all home. We get to their house, and their other lady roommate had taken our drivers' parking spot for the night. Really isn't a big deal, but our driver makes a light comment "dammit she took my spot!". When he said this, our ladyfriend said in a stern voice "It's fine, she can do that because she's a girl". I though for sure she was joking so I called her out for saying it, but in a joking way. Apparently she was serious and so I point out how hypocritical it is to say something like that and then also get vocally upset when we make our own, usually joking sexist comments. She gets really mad that I said that and resorts to personal attacks "[PT] this is why you can never hold a girlfriend" sort of thing. Later after the heat died down we talked more about it. She says that that sort of thing is related to chivalry, like how a man holds the door for a women. I say no, that's not how it works. We don' hold the door for you because you are a women and you are entitled to that treatment (No one is entitled to anything ever), I hold the door for a girl because I like her company and I want to show that to her. This scenario is not on that same level at all, and she shouldn't get a parking spot "because she's a girl". If she beats him to the spot because his car is gone, that's a fine reason, but not just for being a chick.

It really grinds my gears how someone can be so oblivious to that sort of thing. The thing that started the argument was not really worth fighting over, but it's the principal of the matter that really bothered me. So PSA to all women: If you want to beat sexism, don't do it with a double-edged sword. You can't say that men and women are equal and then have an ignorant view on the foundation of chivalry. You aren't entitled to that sort of treatment just because you have boobs. You aren't entitled to anything, and neither are we men. That's where the equality exists.

I didn't know where to post this so I put it here. I needed to rant.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Women are not entitled to have doors held open, but doing so is a cultural norm for men that is considered a matter of politeness. So your friend was more right than you, to be fair.

We also have women parking lots in Germany that are closer to exits, for example, because women are more prone to getting attacked in secluded locations. Or, as we joke, because they need the easiest ones reserved for them. (Who am I to talk, I never got a license)

If she takes sexist jokes very seriously maybe thats a quirk of her you should respect; the girls I hang out with just sexist back, but not everyone is the same anyway. Also, I actually have no idea about girls.

5. PurpleTop

well I won't deny that it is a cultural thing and it is polite, and I always hold the door for girls. But that is not relates to the parking thing. Really it's more about how a comment like "she can do whatever blahblahblah because she is a girl" is extremely sexist, and if this is a hint to how someone thinks and acts then they have to right to expect equality. There are plenty of reasons why girl 2 could park her car in that spot, but because she is a girl is not one. And if that is how girl 1 talks about that sort of thing, then she shouldn't get verbally upset when some guy makes a sexist remark of the same magnitude

6. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Women think they know what feminism is because they are women. My favorite is keep the government out of my bedroom but pay for my abortion. And other variations of that wonderful line of logic.

I Could go on and on about what feminism actually is, and what women's rights actually is, but rarely do those two meet.

PurpleTop likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think we guys.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I hold the door for both genders

because i'm not an *******

why can't more people be like meatman?

9. PurpleTop

And trying to get them to understand the flaw in their logic is almost always pointless. Women tend to act and base their arguments off of their emotions more than logic, which of course leads to oh so many problems. Then, when you call them out on their flawed logic and present to them a more legitimate approach, they will again act on their emotions and instead of considering what I said they just get more upset (whether it be because they know I'm right but can't admit it or because they can't comprehend ... Either way) and just try to drop it. So you can't win either way, even when you are right.

10. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

This thread is closed

/closed

<-------- I win.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

No U Dnt

12. KelRama

****, will you ?

13. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I WILL MAFAKA

14. KelRama

Never, i got the almighty troll power, so you will never beat me in this contest. I will win the infinite fred! *laughs like crazy*

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Who the hell is Fred?

16. KelRama

This fred.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You're the prize? I hope I dont post last :(

18. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

My dog is farting under my desk at work. What are my options here?

19. PurpleTop

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

it being the dog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.