How to take IS back to competetive from bottom tier

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Dresnar20365988, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

oh well, i was starting to play other factions anyway. its like autowinning :)
    "looks at match history"
    "flies away"

2. Iskandak

Please teach me master

3. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

this cant be fixed with courrent devs, lets say the true owls have the WORST rune designer ever

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't think most IS players understand what balanced is.

5. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Balance is an entire race being able to relocate 6 spaces for 2 ap to a relic that is deployed for 1 ap by a 60 ish nora Uber efficient champ. Or drop a relic for 25 nora granting the same effect.

Oh and this is on the race that gets +4 damage on its melee champs. Most of which have ways to increase their movement built into them. Derp.

Personally minos are the theme I most enjoy playing. Problem is its so easy to win with them it gets boring.

Imagine if IS was given a similar mechanic? The forums would explode with enough force to shut down 1/2 the internet.

6. Dresnar20365988

Terrible thing is IS had a weaker mechanic than dimension door in the mines for a bit. Mines were alot of fun, they were flavor full, annoying for the opponent, effective.

What happened to that? It got nerfed into unplayability of course! Dimension door though, that just peachy, let's leave that in the game no probs.

Give me a freekin break with this dumb development for IS already.

Tarathil likes this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Run x2 armorer and x2 battle matron boost your dwarves to unreal defense and attack. Proceed by using tales of valor on those champs good game.Deploy master axe man give him equip run in circles with your 80 hp champ and dominate. Deploy talgar or euan for lol's, use hooligan's and sharpshooters for range. Stack defense champs because your opponent will never cast aoe's because spells are a joke against a faction that heals more than k'thir but have more hp on their champs. Laugh in your opponents face when they try to contest your font with a relic.

This nonsense took me to exo in like 8 games, a while back and none of the runes have been changed since.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

IS is closer to middle tier if you build right. I am using an IS split atm.

9. Iskandak

and actually, Iajabmaka is doing fine in exo league atm I believe

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I could play full faction but I don't have a large enough rune pool to trade for the runes I would need to make a top notch IS bg. I would have to get rid of one of my current bg and I don't want to do that.

11. Iskandak

IS is doing fine in split. Devils plays them split.
    Tiny plays constructs, though he seems to be having problems against this Mark fellow :p.
    Iajabmaka, Markoth, Axeraiser Norathat are up there but not online a lot, save for Iajab lately.

So IS is not in the gutter, far from it. But we are losing its heroes, and I dont mean the champs.
    However I feel that some of the themes could use a boost or bump. Drunk is low on range and uses a lot of ap to spread the word (or was it the brew). Wings are on track for an awesome theme, with new runes coming for it.
    Dwarf, is not a theme, people always tell me dwarves are op. 50% of the IS runes are dwarf. And save for Handler and Matron (and brews) they dont have real theme imo, they are the GS for IS.
    Barbs are fine seeing them play up high. Constructs are ... (watches Tiny play).

12. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

So if ppl are doing well with IS at higher tiers, is it just a matter then of the faction being higher on the skill needed, or is it that only specific bgs are viable? Every time I face IS I always feel like they hit me like a point blank cannon firing a hammer made of steel, stone, and the tears of its victims.

Iskandak likes this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I will be back after the expansion. Cant guarantee I will be around longer than a few months though. Will depend on playerbase and content etc. Hoping to hammer out the rest of the Paladin guide before I lose intrest again though. Shouldnt take more than a few hours to update the info that I already have formatted.

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

IS is bottom tier. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no it is just IS zealots complaining because IS is less broken than before. The faction doesn't take much skill to play but you cant expect to be competitive with it if you aren't building your bg right or playing it properly.

16. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

whenever i watch someone decently high rank play them, the faction seems very strong. i think they are fine as a faction but agree helping buff a theme or two would go a long way

17. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Yo, I suck with IS... Don't know what people are mentioning me for. Mention the faction council member who is AFK from the game.

18. Dresnar20365988

70% win rate with Fs meta and minos. 50% with various IS. But yeah its not the power of the faction at all. It's because I'm a zelot.

#why you so dumb?

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

winrate doesnt mean anything. if I just played mostly uncommons I could have 90% winrate. I can play various IS bg in the top 10 just fine. learn how to play your faction before you say it sucks.

20. Iskandak

ISisOP

Proof coming from lower ratings

Attached Files:

fattyy2k and mw24 like this.