How's the refugee crisis?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Is that what you think I am doing?
    thinking European influence = Britain is simply inaccurate.
    I'm just saying that for some reason your opinion seems to be biased towards Britain.

as if this
    [​IMG]
    somehow discounts these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What do these unlabeled maps reflect? I suspect it is where various European countries colonized, but I can't tell for sure.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it is indeed various empires ( colonial and otherwise) ( give yourself more credit)

during various times and points of course. for example the last picture is a bit less inclusive/ from a different time than for example this other one which I think counts trading posts. I also think this empire lost New York to the English just before taking Surinam;
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

forgive my ignorance on this but what does any of that have to do with the British contribution to the war?

my original comment in response to super71 was that america came in near the end of the war having minor over all impact on the result, while britain who was fighting longer and organizing the allies from very early on had a vastly more important role, arguably thee most important role imo.

before that you mentioned Europe has "always lead the way" in which case I said Britain is a good leader but europe not so much.

I never elaborated on my reasons but you never asked either.

the two major reasons being that Germany who is a part of europe was the cause of 2 major world wars, not exactly someone I would say was always being a great leader.

next the European union is terrible in many aspects and if they were to be leading anything it would likely be more of that, their stance on censorship is draconian, their immigration policies are misguided, and over all I wouldn't want them to have more power then they already do, with many of the smaller nations under their umbrella being treated terribly.

if you had of said europe "usually" leads the way i'd of never said anything, britian/UK has ALWAYS lead the way europse only usually does....when they agree with britian i guess

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

mmmm so you say the cause of the first world war is not the balance of military force = peace + mega alliances and the domino effect started by the assasination of archduke Ferdinand of the Austro-Hungarian empire but Germny?

Also a strange rewrite of appeasement and many other factors in 'the war'

IS this alt right anti EU propaganda misinterprenting things or are you gonn give some exmples or sources ?

so because of the principle of subsidiarity choices are made at the lowest possible level so most policies are made on a nationl level so the question here is who and which policies.

Alright there is a lot here so first lets start with : The EU is not a them to us, to us the EU is us.
    countries join out of their choice if they meet requirements and greatly benefit from membership.
    which small countries are treated terribly in your oppinion. in what and why? which EU agencies nd institutions are players in this injustice?

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

saying the other colonizers were less brutal than the british is uhhhhhh

well, mostly it's not worth the comparison. but also, it's not necessarily true. we tend to remember recent atrocities far more deeply than ancient ones

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Here is what Super71 should say, but won't get to the point.
    [​IMG]

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@profhulk
    There are massive logistical and logical difficulties with your plan which I am sure you will find too complicated.

this is why the world thinks americans are so stupid the only thing they understand is advertisement slogans.