Humans in Poxanthuru

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Aug 24, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So Humans... Only belong to 2 factions. FW the Covens and Battle Mages and IS the Barbarians.

• FW Humans, sub-servant to Serkan. Ironically being a servant to Serkan has preserved some sense of civility.
    • IS Humans, roaming war-bands of humans taken in by Rugolth before his death and after his exile from the Sundered Lands.

Why is it that they exists in only these 2 factions. Aside from a few stragglers it is just IS and FW. Thoughts?

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FW place is where humans used to live, IS place is where the survivors fled and stuff.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

there are some amazons in FS: voodo shamfie and snaptooth rider, and the doctor in SL, but because he's in the ship looking for the serum of perfection.

4. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

And corrupted cultist is also human, he made his way all the way through to the UD

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I am guessing he is taking big precations to not get the virus into himself that mutates living beings into dragonkin. Since he knows a lot about these things, he is one of the chosen ones who goes on the search for the serum of perfection. (Human intelligence might be higher than Dragonkin's.) These are just guesses though.
    I am not certain if the it's a new virus or if the old virus is acting up. (Old one being the one who turned Humans into Draksar, Dwarves into Skeezick etc.)
    Since The Doctor is part Mutant, I am guessing it's a new virus.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  6. soulmilk

In a lot of fantasy lore, Humans are one the the races that become corrupted easiest.
    I am guessing in PoxNora lore, humans have either become corrupted, (Some possibly becoming demons) mutated into Draksars or gotten rid of all their greed. (Started living in the wilds and became Barbarians/Amazons.)

7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Gedden discussed this in the latest QnA actually, apparently it has something to do with the secret behind Nora - Barbarians are not humans and its intentional that the only humans left are in some way turned evil I think he said.

8. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Wowowoweewaa the plot thickens!

9. soulmilk

This is true, but something seem to be able to revert Barbarians into becoming humans.
    When a Barbarian becomes a paladin, they seem to regain their race as human. (Though Charger Knight and Vengeant Knight is Barbarian?)
    If this is true, Snaptooth Rider should probably be changed to Race Barbarian/Snaptooth.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Exactly why I was bringing it up. There is 3 key things that we do not understand in Poxnora yet.

• Humans: Who/What/When/Where/Why/How
    • Nora: What/When/Where/Why/How... Possibly Who if it is an entity.
    • The Great Cataclysm. The war between Protectorate and Wrath. Valdiici and Elsari. They were both supposedly home to the 2 most predominate leading factions of old. WTF really happened?

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I STILL want to know what makes Barbarians not human.
    How, exactly, do they differ?

Sunutsu and soulmilk like this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I was thinking rationality. I mean they aren't uncivilized per say, I just think that the way they think has been warped.

Of-course the Old English word Cannibal didn't necessarily mean 'someone who eats human flesh' It meant uncivilized. So the term Barbarian could mean a number of things that we don't know.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Valdac was basically the dwarves, humans, etc. that used Nora to progress technology. Elsari was pretty much just humans that believed that Nora should be used for magic in all its forms. One day those Valdaci dudes were like those Elsarin sonova*****es are going down so they fired their missiles. Elsari was nuked to high hell and everyone died. Except Serkan. That guy is a jerk. The fallout from the Nora nukes drifted back to Valdac where everyone was poisoned and started to turn into giant fire breathing lizards. Serkan raised the dead and started a metal band and the smart dwarves and humans fled north and started a boys only club.

PoxZuo, GameJack and Baskitkase like this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sounds like a love story....

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

They were altered by the cataclysm to be resilient towards corruption. I like to think that they are too inherently violent to begin with.

16. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

That's one thing I love about Pox--there's very few humans.

Humans are everywhere in most strategy games. Humans are boring. But gathering an army of monsters (for lack of a better overall term) is much more exciting to me.

17. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I personally love to play as a human in a world full of monsters. Quite an adventure.

18. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

the moga drove all the humans in the peaks crazy, causing a deep madness that resulted in much chaos in the form of suicide, homicide and genocide. It's quite a depressing story, really

19. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

The Draksar were human before. So were the majority of the undead, and funnily they are accepted as servants of Serkan, while they are straight up refused and executed in Valdac. On the rare occasion that a human would be accepted into their forces, they are simply mutated into a Draksar.

All the elves, in the Tundra, in the Forest... They are basically an ancient humanoid, main difference I'm seeing is slimmer bodies and pointy ears.

The Bok, Maxx, and other assorted champs are also humans with something strange going on. Like wings, or demon fire imp summoning while sitting in a big chair all day, or having a rhino head with a humanoid body. And I don't really see why an Angel wouldn't be considered human.
    Would you say the Angels are some kind of alien race? Really? They appear quite human to me, maybe these extraterrestrials aren't so alien. Maybe the Mothership was waiting for us, cloaked in the sky, all along.

Sunutsu likes this.
  20. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Lol, angels are, well... angels o_O