Hunting for MH fans

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by turtlejam, Oct 30, 2014.

1. turtlejam

turtlejam The King of Potatoes

Wow...you've been busy! I started out on the original on the PS2, but I was like, 10 and had no idea what the heck I was doing. haha. Picked it up again with MH Unite when I saw it at Gamestop. I bought it and then a PSP immediately after. I began playing with just a sword and shield, and got bored with it pretty quickly. It's a nice standard to have along with the long sword. Then I learned about the Gunlance and was like, "What?" I investigated it and fell in love. I basically used the gunlance solely during my MHU experience, and when MH3U came out I started mastering the Switch Axe. I've been working on using the ranged weapons more (devoted an entire character to the Bowguns.), but haven't touched the bow. I've tried every weapon at least once. The Greatsword is WAY too slow for me. The gunlance would be too slow without the exceptional guarding capability, and I know the greatsword has guarding capability, but I don't like the fact that it dulls the sharpness down a bit every time you block an attack. I'm excited about the charge sword! I watched some videos on it, and it looks super cool! A lot of people are mad about it because they think the charge sword is gonna make a couple weapon classes obsolete.

soulmilk likes this.
  2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

The game does look good. I will be sure to pick it up in march along with a 3ds.

soulmilk and turtlejam like this.
  3. turtlejam

Awesome! It's more of an underground game, which is sad because it's definitely a classic.

4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

From what I've seen, the game pays homage to shadow of the colossus in many ways. I have yet to play any version though.

5. turtlejam

Shadow of the Colossus was a great game, and I can see how the games compliment each other. Little guy versus big monster. haha.

6. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

The Monster Hunter browser game has now launched officially. Also, there will be an anime based off of the browser game:

[​IMG]

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'm sorry you lost me at anime loli tits

8. Emries

Yeah them making the Felynes into lolis in cat costumes is a questionable move. I agree :p

9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Interesting, I didn't know about this.

10. Emries

I have some extra Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS early access codes if anyone wants one :p

11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

we'll have to post our friend codes and stuff when it comes out.

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

MEEEEEEEEE

inbox that Bane Shift plz

edit : that sword and shield charged axe thingie is op (as far as late game weapon vs g jaggi goes)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015