Hyaenid Instigator

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Raikan, May 5, 2015.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd like Pariah removed so he'll be usable with our various relocate mechanics (transporter, thrower, and overmind). IIRC, Pariah was added to eliminate these interactions because of the enormous threat range and surprise factor created by Init. 2, WarCry, and Relocation. That was too strong when paired with the possibility of infinite swarms. However, it seems like the real issue is infinite swarming, which still exists (and is just a bit more difficult to accomplish, but completely doable with Warcry, Alacrity and Gravity Well). So I'd like to modify Instigator to make it easier to activate swarm by allowing relocation mechanics, but limit the upside.

Option #1:
    (1) Remove Pariah;
    (2) Re-code swarm so that it is removed after 1 activation, and reduce the cost of swarm by 5 to maintain the same nora cost.

Option #2:
    (1) Remove Pariah
    (2) Switch Poison 1 and Swarm. Now Swarm is an upgrade and won't be passed along to his swarms. Reduce the cost of swarm by 5 to maintain the same nora cost.

In either option, there's a greater reward for a player who sets up the right relocation mechanics (i.e. easier to proc 2 swarms) and greater counterplay potential to prevent a snowball of swarms through spot removal or killing the one instigator with swarm.

I prefer Option 1 (even though it requires some coding, which might be stealable from Intensify) because Option 2 creates the possibility of a 55ish nora instigator (without swarm).

2. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

or, or! you could keep him as is and let him serve his base function as a swarm unit to counter stupid Bane Shift like skeletons(which he does an amazing job).

SaintKiwi and Ifem21 like this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Why change a solid rune? He is strong, but not OP. So....what's the point of changing him? Just because you want it?

4. Raikan

Maybe I didn't explain myself well. Instigator is too strong against certain types of decks (i.e. those with easy to kill summons); there's too much potential for infinite swarms; and there's too little opportunity for counterplay and (imo) too little reward for set up. Maybe others disagree.

5. Ifem21

All champ that have swarm are good against certain types of decks (sekllie, zombies, etc.) they are made to counter this kind of deck. It's like playing a Poison Bg against a Undead one (they have resistance) or Imps against Tortuns. All decks have weakness, don't try to make the swarm summons one (wich are the worst to deal without this guy) a bg without weakness.

6. Raikan

Well, he'd still be a strong counter against swarm decks. However, his swarming potential would grow linearly rather than exponential, which is the case now (1, 2, 4, 8, etc.). And he'd have more synergy with other runes, in exchange for limiting his potential to snowball.

7. Ifem21

So, there is a problemas With swarm units in general? Cause The problem you are saying is this. Instigator is OP but a Skezick Rioter is not? Explain better, pls.