Hyaenid Spearman

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Greysands22, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Was the anti equip option in nid bgs.

I get that he lost loyalty in the revamp. But can we get champ based equip removal back into nids somewhere please so I don't have to waste a rune spot on diamond mace.

Ballballer likes this.
  2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Ground---what's that and when is it ever useful when we have avalanche.

3. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Maybe give Hyaenid Breaker the Sword Breaker ability.

allyorbase likes this.
  4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

But i mean it already had it. So its not like it would just be handing it out, more like just giving back what was taken away

5. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Sorry bro, run Diamond Mace xD

6. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I understand the concept of not handing things out to every theme. Allows for more design space and all.

The revamp in general is taking me a lot more getting used to than I originally guessed it would but I have no real serious complaints, keep up the good work.

7. Raikan

Doesn't that advantage meta bg's relative to theme bg's? In other words, some/all themes will be missing detection/shatter. As a result, they will be unable to deal with certain types of decks whereas a meta deck will be able to overcome those weaknesses. I'm not saying that's the wrong decision, but it seems like it's a consequence of that design decision.

8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

We recently had this discussion on the ST forums when someone asked for more detection options. In my mind, every theme should have some form of detection/shatter that is appropriate for its playstyle. This includes pseudo detection/shatter like Abominable, Deafening Aura, Ooze Tap or Restrict.

In other words, established themes should have detection/shatter options that are flavorful. This can take any form (champ/equip/relic/spell) so long as it makes sense within the theme.

9. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I run Pilfered Armory because I am an idiot clown. Also, taking someones Granite Bracers or throwing a Withering Fern onto the enemy feels pretty good, man.

10. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Diamond Mace is basically a spot removal spell, though.
    It has a few drawbacks, but you can't have everything.

11. Raikan

Vertical Push is another option, although it doesn't work that well for negative equips. It's great for those build up champs w/ a protective equip though--20 damage plus removing the equip and resetting the thirst/leech vitality/soul siphon/intensify/etc. Crush and Pilfered Armory are a bit too much of a tempo hit for a random benefit--although that's very SP-like.