Hyaenids

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by IMAGIRL, Aug 24, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Can someone make 2 mock Hyaenid bgs? Preverable a Djinn version with Dao and Dew and an Exile version. (Without Djinns)

I would like to see them to better visualize weaknesses in my own bg.

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just a quick one I slapped together. Hyaenids Serf FF SP Thoughts?

I kinda want a Peaks Tactics in there...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  3. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Your bg:

These are just my thoughts. I wouldn't say I excel with them or anything.
    1) I have never been a fan of 5 speeders. Feshwrangler being 2x2 and other than the normal dogpile debuff, it doesnt bring much. Tunnel itself costs 4 ap. Other than low nora cost and vigorous cry, I don't see anything that stands out. Simiarly, peaks dew 5 speeder just doesnt work for me. Maybe if you use "serf of the djinn" spell on it, it might.
    2) having 2 instigators would be pretty sweet because of swarm. But I guess one works just as well.
    3) headshrinkers/mundunugu/bulwark/spearman/spiritspeaker are awesome. stalker looks good, but I have never had one so I can't really comment.
    4) pack leaders are also pretty cool. Some may disagree because of the high nora cost. But I like them because I like to use "serf of the djinn" spell on them granting them 8 speed when near a serf of the djinn unit. On top of that, give them tempest crown and all of a sudden, they have life siphon so they can handle their own.
    5) Peaks dao with 7 damage wont work wonders in my opinion. I don't run it mainly because of its low damage.
    6) I have never used crescendo. But it looks really good. The rest of them look pretty good. I find that hyaneids are somewhat fragile. Like they can die really easily because of limited healing so that staff solistice is defintely a must in this kind of bg.

My Hyaenid BG (with djinn):
    http://poxbase.com/deck/CfAcaFcuFCaGcaHC5TCfPcwKCfOCfIs5Qs3ts59S82r2Yr16r1Dr=r2ZrOe1Ke1-e21

1) I love peaks marid and ifrit. Ifrit can handle its own because of immunity physical and fire aura/acolyte. Awesome sustain. Marid is great due to teleport, distract and jolt.
    2) Witchdoc I include mainly because of hex and cleanse.
    3) moga bartering relic for regen which is essential.

Hope I somewhat helped. Have fun :)

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

1. Wrangler is a placeholder, however I am beginning to like him. Hard to explain.

1.5 Peaks Dew is there for Sustain: Unstoppable. Serf champs can't lose ap now and gain quite a few status immunity's. Also, He is a font runner on heavy water maps.

2. Instigators no longer have ap on the swarm. So he loses out in my book from a 2x. I keep 1 around for the possible free meat.

3. Stalkers are average. They still die surprisingly fast. However they do their jobs...

4. That is a pretty heft nora investment you got going there. I use Spirit Channeling for the Magical Bomb. Rather nice.

5. Dao is there for triggering 'Serf', Battle Master 3 and to be a front line tank. He buffs them a huge amount. I honestly recommend you start trying them.

• Battle Master 3: +2 dmg ,1 defense. Effects at 4 range. Serf triggers at 4 range.
    • Serf: Beserker 1, +2 dmg, +1 rng. Loss of Ap at end of turn.
    • Total Effects: +4 dmg, +1 def, +rng Loss of Ap at end of turn.
    • If Dew gives Unstoppable then the champ no longer loses ap, and gains status immunity's.
    • I don't like Ifrit and Marid that much. As they seem to be a class on their own. Dao and Dew however support Hyaenids perfectly imho.
    • Also if you fighting near him when he has Hold the Line active. tack on an extra +3 def from Defender 3

6. Crescendo is something I just started about a week ago, tricky to use. But if you use it right its 30 nora for 36 sonic dmg. With a pretty nice AoE. Might take it out I don't know.

___
    All of my deck is a work in progress I have 3 different Serf versions and 1 Exile version. Tinkering as I go. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  5. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

How have Bulwarks worked for you guys? I've been hesitant to run them in my djinnids due to their high cost, but I haven't really playtested them that much.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

He is wonderful. Well worth his cost, he holds any font I put him on. He is not un-kill-able, but he makes damn sure the opponent stays busy doing so. Support with Dao or Dew and he becomes a war machine.

WraithxxV likes this.
  7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, I just put in both my Bulwarks and dropped my lone Stalker (really hasn't pulled his weight for me, and yet I always feel like he will and foolishly deploy him...). I also put in Staff of Solstice which I haven't run in Nids for a looong time. Will test the new build later today.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ok, whats your bg look like?

9. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Excuse me sir, but that is personal.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This just got a little kinky...

11. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

12. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

the exile needs judgement or death sentence or something of that nature

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Death Sentence; maybe. However Nids already have enough of it. Judgement; no. It doesn't fit him.

14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Well I'm just trying to find a way to fit him in with the theme for more reason other than just Revere, and that was just off the top of my head

15. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I've got to hand it to you DMr, I just played my bg with Bulwarks and it felt so much stronger, walked all over a IS Meta bg. The Bulwark I dropped tanked like a boss, despite facing a Hunter: Wrath Axeman and what not. :D Yay Nids, I'm pretty happy now.

16. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, after some more testing, Nids are cool and the build I posted higher in the thread is working quite well.

Can't dent tier 1s, but anyone below 50 limited can be handled. Just had my butt handed to me by the Voil phalanx :( (dang those things are strong...).

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Congrats mate.

18. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

The bad side is Nids will never be able to be top tier as long as Boost is so strong. All the top bgs depend on stacking buffs, and Nids don't have any of note. In general the bg plays quite well and feels good and balanced, the only thing that still feels weak are the Djinns, but that's been talked to death (by me, mostly, hue hue).

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The indirect buff from dogpile is excessively nice. It is basically a global Encouraged, with the added benefit of causing a debuff stat that you can abuse. There are more combos within Nids with that stat. ;)

WraithxxV likes this.