I am so very disappointed with this client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Carling, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Andrew Carling

Andrew Carling I need me some PIE!

The lag between clicking champions, the removal of so many options like hot keys, all of the PS4 clutter, the broken single player campaigns, and the disappointment in DoG for Firking up such a good opportunity to increase the player base makes me so sad. Add that on top of the weeks that have gone by without any fixes just breaks my heart. I was furious at the beggining, hoping that the fire we all felt would spur DoG to do something, but that has died down into the realization that my all time favorite game may have actually died. The client is unplayable at this point, I do not know how it is for PS4 players, and I hope it is a beautiful intuitive masterpiece for them so that someone can enjoy this game - however I am sure that is not the case. You sold us out DoG, you sold us out to an ungrateful PS4 market that didn't even want you. Your big release saw what, a score of new PS4 players? Almost all of whom could not figure out the cluster**** that this game has always been and the broken heaving disappointment that it is now and have left. I hope it was worth it.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Hotkeys are still there. The fixes to server performance are applied daily. I don't know about SP campaigns but dailies work just fine. I'm experiencing no lag between clicking my champions. So yeah, I'd like you to elaborate instead of cosplaying as a doomsayer.

MaruXV likes this.
  3. Andrew Carling

All of those things. Just because it isn't happening to you doesnt mean it isnt happening to most everyone else. I will admit that I havent checked the SP events for a few days so they might be working, and I was able to get the daily up for the first time today. Besides that if your client is working well you are luckier than me guy

edit: Also the hotkeys are there but the ability to change them is not, and thats a pretty basic thing in a video game

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I don't recall ever being able to change hotkeys in Pox. It was always 1-9 for abilities and G for grid.

5. Andrew Carling

I used to have the 1 ability set to my "a" key, I don't remember how I did it but I liked knowing that I could change it if I wanted to. That is the smallest issue though. For my, my client autopans in every game and it is super annoying, and the champion select lag issue is what makes it unplayable for me. The PS4 buttons everywhere just feels like a slap in the face too.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

does the chat work in the new client just tried it out again and not seeing anyone talk

7. Teardrop82

Teardrop82 New Member

Who are you to call PS4 players ungrateful? PS4 players had no say in the design of the new client. Just because PS4 players don't come on this dead forum means nothing. I belong to a poxnora community on PS4 that has more players than this whole forum and is more active. O and I would also like to see your numbers on the amount of PS4 players. And don't list pvp because the majority are waiting until we are able to forge legendary runes and until the daily and heroic quest reward gold on ps4. Do some research next time before you spout "numbers" that you can't back up.

super71 likes this.
  8. Andrew Carling

I'm j
    I'm just going off of what I see in client, the amount of games I see played by ps4 players. This is just my opinion guy, so chill your man tits.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note: "A" hotkey was actually a default and is in the new client... except it's bugged and you have to hit it twice.

But yea, we are aware there are problems - and have been focused on big ticket items like the initial server crashes, client freezing (which we FINALLY have a repro case for!) and match rewards not being given out (which we fixed yesterday, but it doesn't include quests not working), etc. We do have a list of things that need fixed and they are being worked on.

10. calisk

Can you tell me if chat works yet because its not on the most recent list of known bugs in the beta forums but when i was on i couldn't get a response in any chat.

This could be for obvious non bug related reasons but i can't be sure.

Also do you intend to allow us to chat while in que ever.

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

The chat dose not flash at you any more, (which I like) so people have to remember to look at it. If someone has to relog into a match they lose the in game chat, so the global chat might be a better option to talk to someone. Guild chat also no longer retains pms or guild chat when moving from loading screens. It sucks not being able to help the ps4 people in game. I have played so many games where the ps4 player obviously had no idea what was going on or why. I have been playing pox nora since octopi and I still ask my opponent about mechanics.

12. calisk

Sigh....see nothing was wrong with the chat system.

The blinking to me was essential, it would be fine to turn it off if you wanted but without it nobody knows to look, randomly guessing that someone is talking to you is not intuitive or user friendly

But aside from that the other changes are not for the better either.

It makes sense why nobody was responding if the system is like this, soko you must know that the best thing about pox is being able to talk to people. Even Bane Shift talking and endleas ranting about my op Bane Shift is better then endless nothing

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's not that features were removed so much that in the new client it had all to be rebuilt, so missing features are generally just not yet implemented, rather than removed on purpose.

Xiven likes this.
  14. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Totally get your anger and frustration!

It is, however, getting better. DOG seems to be working hard to try to fix all the bugs and glitches. It's just going to take them time as they are such a small staff.

I hate the client freezing as much as anyone (sorry, Sokolov, I didn't get a chance to jot down any of the details when it happened as I was rushing back to rejoin my game). It just sucks when you rejoin the game, but you have to rejoin on some tiny shrunken screen with no way to expand it until after your game is finished.

Anyhow, Andrew, just take a break, and let DOG take care of what they need to do, and, hopefully, when you get back all the glitches and bugs will be resolved. :)

15. Andrew Carling

Thanks guy, normally I don't buy into bs like that but it's what I needed this time.

16. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

You know, you can rebind your keys to other keys, effectively letting you change the hotkeys.

17. Andoid

Andoid Member

I'm on PC steam version and with all the problem's we are having I'm still having fun, i have played games with more problems than this and still had fun, the game will be fixed over time you just have to wait.

This isn't a big dev team and there not god, give them time and help by reporting bugs that's the best thing you can do right now.

I'm a Playstation gamer myself and I'm waiting for the vita version but I'm playing the PC version for now.

To end this, if PoxNora didn't come to playstation I would not be playing this day as I just didn't know about it so DoG moving PoxNora to playstation was a good idea regardless of what you think, I say this stop complaining and be patient.

Hierokliff and MrBadguy like this.
  18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You didn't change it, 1 activated whatever ability was in the first position. A activated only basic attacks that were in the first position. When a champ came out that didn't have a basic attack in the first position, but in the 2nd instead, A did nothing but 1 still worked. There was never any remapping available.

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Every game has bugs when first released, dog has done a remarkable job so far with so few people. Some big game companies have major bugs for years before they are fixed.

This also isn't the release they advertised, they are currently bug fixing and then going to release after a few patches and promote the new player made expansion. We're still alive and kicking and in a better spot than most games are after a decade.

Give it some time, and if you only have bad Bane Shift to say either message sok or a devs directly with improvements or say nothing. Your negativity along with the other 100 people is nothing that hasn't already been said but in a better way with details. Only pushes more players away when you post stuff like this and doesn't help.

Hierokliff likes this.
  20. Andrew Carling

I'll talk all the Bane Shift I want to, this isnt a new game it has been out for a decade and a Firking half.