I hereby offer as many money as it takes to buy a teleprompter.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, May 1, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Senshu

You'll need it. But don't worry, I got your back.

#believe #QandA

Pixyrus, Qucas, Willow and 1 other person like this.
  2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ha! yeah, managing recording the video making sure it doesn't crash an reading from a script makes it difficult. Should get easier over time, and we may try different formats too.

Tarathil, Gnomes, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sounded like you were 'ad libbing' pretty hard for reading from a script. I find it easier, and more casual to just put key notes instead of literally writing the complete script. Yeah it takes a bit longer to explain, but it just so happens that the extra time is a given when your saying what comes to mind instead of "Uh, err, umm", while trying to rephrase something written to the current situational context.

Also. You were a bit stoic in the begging few minutes of the video. Loosen up about. Shake your shoulders, out, and don't forget to look into the camera when posing a question. Makes the audience feel more involved, an less like your reading from a teleprompter. Which you kinda were.

You can combine these two by reading part of the key notes you were going to say, and start to vocalize them. While you are on that topic look at the camera, as if you are looking at us, or at Sokbro, then casually glance at the rest of the notes, for anything you might have missed, needed to add, or even a timer for the duration you wish to have spoken on that topic. Rinse, an repeat.

devilsrath likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Also. Highschool Speech classes. Apparently I paid far more attention then I thought I did.

5. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

also,taking off your shirt would help a lot
    for both of us...

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Honestly senshu I preferred the original format it look better even if it means I have to wake up early in the morning to watch it

7. Senshu

Yeah, I remember that from my speech classes too. Like I said, this is the first time we did this internally and we are trying different formats to see what works. We will probably try something different next time. Also, having a larger monitor, being close to the camera, and having the webcam on top of said large monitor makes accentuates not looking directly into the camera.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Another nice thing would be a nicer background. Sokolov looked like he's designing from a basement, poor fellow.

9. Senshu

What about the old format did you like? The background, having multiple windows so you can see everyone who was in the chat even if they weren't talking, the more free form nature of the discussion?
    Too bad we don't have green screens because then we could just shoot anything and have any background.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I'll be happy to do all of your guys videos if you make me an employee

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The old format was better. For as anti-social as I am. I enjoy podcasts. That was the feeling I got from them. The current format seems too rigid for my tastes. Also yes. Seeing everyone reaction is nice too.

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

This exactly
    I like that its live session rather than a recorded session we multi-window with moles and senshu as well
    I know that you did this format because it take less time to make but if you can find a way around the schedules of the people i would prefer the live version

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

upload_2015-5-2_21-47-20.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    soulmilk, IMAGIRL and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  14. Sokolov

I need a new desk, but no, not a basement :D

15. Senshu

Actually in some ways this format takes requires a decent bit of editing, but the goal was to have the video be more condense so hopefully more people would watch. Before, the streams were done on twitch, and that may be a good platform for some games to build interest it may not be ideal for all games. We will continue to try different formats to see what has the largest positive impact. This is also to help build interest in Pox Nora and potentially bring in new players.

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You failed to post those pics twice. Still not showing up.

17. Sokolov

Weird, works fine for me.

See if that helps. The auto upload thing on this forum seems super glitchy. 50% of the time it doesn't work and I have to end up using IMGUR anyway

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Something you might look into would be useing the features of Youtube. Some viewers might have only showed up for a specific question, however in this one the question list was not made public before hand. What you could do is list the questions and give the Youtube video time for each. You can either do them for the question, for the answer or both.

E.G.

Many improvements have been made in the time peroid from expansion 24 and now. What were the major design goals for the Ronin expansion, and how well do you think the changes made accoplished these goals. In addition, what was the largest design challenge for expansion 24? (Answer)

Could you explain your role as lead designer, how you work with the team, and how they work with you? (Question) (Answer)

Also, thank Sokolov for pausing for a second or two before answering the questions. Made jumping to them far easier.

19. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Use a cure girl.

20. Senshu

Odd, when they were first posted they weren't showing up but now they are. The forums are just being temperamental.