I just like the new client even more!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Varthas, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

One really nice upgrade i just found was the changing resolution in options. In my case with a 40" led i set it to 1600x900, and then full screen, and the next game i played was so nice, compared to all my other games in windowed 1280x800.

I realise this was possible with the old client aswell, but it required a restart of the client.

When i close the game it reset backs to 1280x800 and sometimes i forget to go 1600x900 and full screen, but this was all in all a very nice upgrade from the old client.

Although full screen seems to generate more bugs(to me), spescficly in observing other games, or joining a custom game in custom lobby, i can click on the game i want to observe but nothing happens.

Anyways, as i said i liked this feature alot, and when i remember to go full screen i appreciated the whole experience of the new client and game because in the old client it required a restart and i never bothered with it.

panthersfan95 and Gnomes like this.
  2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

There's actually very few bugs that bother me with the new client but the ones that do are quite annoying.

The current spectate bugs - When the game ends you dont see who won and you cant leave spectate and sometimes clicking on spectate simply doesn't work. Restart fixes those.
    The movement bugs - Extremely wonky 2x2 movement and you must wait until a unit finishes moving before trying to move another or you risk moving it incorrectly.
    Buggy global chat/no player lists - Global resets itself after games. Probably the most asked for thing in pox atm hopefully it wont take too long

If those get knocked off I have virtually 0 issues with the new client.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't completely agree with having no issues, but these, especially the latter two, are the major usability issues for me right now.