I need UD's Help

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Agirgis1, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Hello fellow UD players.... boob lovers....and generally good looking people (Sorry if its a little long , but this is for the good of UD!) PS. there is TL;DR Below

As many of you may have noticed the current game is very theme orientated due to their extreme amount of synergy atm.
    We have decent themes.... Deep elves and Minotaur probably being our best ( Followed by fire?)

But something caught me eye ever since i came back month or 2 ago, we have an ungodly amount of extremely efficient units for their Nora costs, we even have split personality and a decent amount of range.We are like SP but we're missing something , that key piece to make us consistently competitive.

Lets for a moment assume this has nothing to do with needed balance changes, rather we aren't seeing the right combination to make our next powerful meta bg.

I've tried for quiet sometime to make a good one , I've messed around with many random underrated champions. ( Ash demons , pitdragons , badgerwulfs u name it I've played it) But efficiency is not enough we need a BG that can CONSISTENTLY beat top tier BGs , if played with sufficient skill. I can manage a random win vs the best stuff here and there.... but i wouldn't bet anything on it.

TL;DR
    IF U TOO LAZY TO READ JUST READ FROM HERE MY LOW ATTENTION SPAN BOOB LOVING DEMONS
    Now here's what i need FROM YOU!
    I have accepted my bias towards knowing whats right and wrong ( a false understanding through years of meta play) might be blinding me from what can be UD's next big thing

SO JUST BRAINSTORM HERE, POST BGS....OR JUST RUNES.... RUNES THAT WORK TOGETHER
    GO CRAZY. EVEN IF ITS DUMB AS HELL IT MIGHT LEAD SOMEONE ELSE TO A GOOD IDEA , SO POST IT.
    And if u wanna discuss in more detail feel free to PM ME

PS don't complain about UD or whatever being whatever, forget it, just think what we can do.

yuore and Pattn199 like this.
  2. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Couldn't get past the BOOB sorry :oops::rolleyes:

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think partly UD is suffering from IS being popular, since those smelly hairy midgets counter us pretty hard with their hammerstrikes and melee skills.

some more counterspell a bit like dark pact would be nice

saromon50 likes this.
  4. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

I agree we do need synergy. It's too easy for other factions to find synergy. We do have to dig deep into it, but I like that. That's why I continue to play UD. It's challenging.

I think most of us are stuck in a mentality. We can't get past our normal spells. What if we could get font advantage with heretic overlord and late for battle? What about blood exchange and life drinker? Why don't I see exile used more often? I know you could give me reasons but I think we are stuck with the same spell set and then we are trying to find champs that fit each other. I think our most powerful attribute as a faction is our spells/equipment and we have efficient champs.

Also I wish our firebow was 1 less AP and scratch the damage. If IS can have spot pummel/global invulnerability physical, then why can't we have spot range?

Also give greater pitspawn fire eater. ;)

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

This is a good point.

I like my Pincushions, Fire Elementals, Waroggs, etc.

I LOVE Ireguards, but not sure about efficiency. They need something to maximise their three attacks per round. Such as an arachnablade, or a hate leech. Plus protection such as Dark Pact. Less efficient then, but a decent centrepiece for the efficient guys to support.

There is a bit of Beast synergy around and I have taken to running a Bunny Lord. No, really.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

This is only part of the story. Any of my strong bgs would have overpowered your UD bg. I am not even using my competitive bg atm, just ranking up with paladins.(much weaker bg than dwarf or mixed) UD overall is really weak atm and overnerfed. I told you guys the nerfs were too much before they went live, lol. Also I don't understand why UD's ranged units are always sandbagged to hell or have little to no damage. Also UD has always been weak to cc(since revamp at least), I have complained about this for a while and people just tell me to suicide my dudes with sac or retri, lol.

dark pact sucks and is a terrible spell. split personality was nice before people convinced sokolov to nerf it to the ground. A spell blocker would be nice.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  7. Fentum

@mw24 interested to know why you believe that Dark Pact sucks and is a terrible spell? I find it very effective indeed WHEN it fires. The issue is that it is rather situational. I wouldn't say it sucked per se, in fact it has won me several matches through unexpected tempo gain. 7/10 times vs Hammerstrike. The rest vs Vertical Push, Blink, etc. Overall, I run it in some BGs but not in others. Quite balanced I reckon.

Genuinely interested in your thoughts on it.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It is not reliable at all. Really bad spell.

Fentum likes this.
  9. Fentum

It just won me my last match vs a slag deck a moment ago! Situational, yes. Really bad? Not sure. I enjoy spells such as DP as they involve out-thinking your opponent's moves. Each to their own I guess as there are many ways to play Pox.

10. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

UD tends to be my toughest match up funnily enough

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I thought that with the recent expansion it moving further from theme abd more towards metas
    Even if it is it mostly focus on fire and deep elves

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I found out that you can double heal balefire knight, putting mandate on him doesn't proc quest kill until the second kill.

SMh7 likes this.
  13. Fentum

I find that UD works well with two modules. Arrow Eater and Fire, for example. But I never play ranked so you can ignore me.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Pretty sure Badgerale already has one of these threads.

15. futant

futant Well-Known Member

I've also came back from hiatus and have been experimenting with different bgs in rank. Long story short what I've been thinking of is how cool a fire + elf bg would be. It's very limited in actual champ selection, but it does have one possible combo that has an UD feel to it.

Purefire + Firelight Gem + Nefari Resurrection

For extra boobidge use it with a fire dancer o_O

16. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Out of curiosity, what do you find difficult about facing UD?
    Gonna build around that Bane Shift lol

17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

UD also has good stealth based bgs.

Lupefi2 likes this.
  18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Would also like to know. kthx

19. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

IS generally has a single big champ supported by others, you single out the greatest threat and one round it, our big dmg dealers and strong spells help with that greatly, also since we are melee centric RD is not as effective and it is a great part od IS defense.
    I believe Axe talks more about playstile than single runes

Makorov likes this.
  20. jvne

jvne Well-Known Member

Currently only savage tundra is played less than UD. Sokolov sux at balance.