I promised I'd make Spell Blockade good. The result will warm your heart!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sirius, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

So a while ago, I went on a quest to find a way to make the current 50 nora cost ability Spell Blockade usable. I've actually had this particular champion idea in mind for some time, but I was just too damn lazy to post.

Rune Name: Arroyo Metamage/Veilmage
    Faction: FW/SP
    Race: Spirit
    Artwork
    : -
    Flavor-Text: -
    Nora Cost: ~77 (with most expensive upgrades).

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    5, SPD: 5, RNG: 2 DEF: 1, HP: 35

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    -Seism (10)
    -Electric Jab ( 4)
    -Transfer Life 2 ( 6)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    -Drain 2 ( 4)
    -Time Bend (12)
    -Resurrect 2 ( 4)

Champion Abilities
    -Attack: Magical ( 2)
    -Spell Blockade (50)
    -Lumbering (-18)

Notes:

• I started from Broken Bones' stats. I discarded all sense of decency and some more stats and then gave it an attack range of 2. That's right, not 1-2, but 2. I wanted a shitty range type. I calculated that the stat base was costed at 21 nora.
    • After that, I added the star ability, Spell Blockade and a bunch of other abilities with the attempt of making it broken. My primary target was the combination of Seism+ Time Bend+ Spell Blockade. That proved too expensive for my taste, so I added Lumbering, one of the heaviest nora discounts I could find.
    • The other upgrade paths are there for cheaper versions and because I wanted to add a decision making aspect to this champion, aside from just "deploy and counter spell". I wanted people to consider whether they want to set up spell countering right away or use the champion otherwise. I wanted them to consider whether it's safe to use Transfer Life before countering a spell or it's too risky because it makes it too easy to kill.
    • The champion might be more broken/closer to broken by replacing Lumbering with Wandering and Electric Jab with Dark Favor 3.
    • If this champion were to be made and I had things my way, I'd actually make it a split UD or split SL rune, so I can use it with my favorite faction combination. FW/UD would actually be really funny, considering the access to Sacrifice and Retribution (might need to get Bloodless, now that I think about it). And FW has the tools to protect it with DMZ and to work around Lumbering with Dark Sanctuary.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    iPox, poinl, IMAGIRL and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sirius

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Sounds interesting.

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

The fact still remains, 15 nora spell + any global dmg = dead.

5. Sirius

If you're worried about that, pick Resurrect 2 as upgrade. Besides, you CAN actually run a complementary anti-spell rune. In fact, I'd recommend it in most cases, it works nicely with the Time Bend upgrade too.
    But yes, not invincible. It's actually more likely you'll beat it with more conventional means, the answer you picked would be fairly uncommon imo.

Also, idk about most of you, but at least in half the cases I wouldn't activate Spell Blockade right away. That way, if the opponent thinks I did, I can make them waste some nora on a cheap spell they wouldn't have casted otherwise.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

blockade sucks for its cost it should be permanently removed and replaced with book burn
    I just thought of this I'm sure someone has suggested this but change blockade to Cast: Ancient Protection and make it the same cost which is 35 nora

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Would like to see it with inspire and +1 dmg. Time bend should reset it. I love it btw.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Could always add soul sift so you recoup that heavy cost

Sirius likes this.
  9. Sirius

Maybe instead of Drain 2? It seems like the least useful of the upgrades on that line. I thought it might have some use in Vengeance bgs or in some scenario where you want to shift HP around from disposable minions to important units AND don't want to spend nora again on redeploying Veilmage.
    But yeah, Soul Sift seems more useful.