I suddenly want to play an MMORPG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Nov 17, 2017.

1. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

played all of them ...

black desert online (u need good pc to enjoy the game or even to run it at this point and they even planing to push its graphics even more so dont play with any old pcs )

blade and soul ( heavily dependent on ur ping, like a lot... check if ur ping in game is higher than lets say 60 dont play it XD , people with same gear with lower ping will do tons more dps than u )

revelation is a big world but feels empty and dead now for some reason .

finale fantasy XIV ( best in market so far but it is a subscription based game, they do provide free trail so go check it , it doesn't require crazy good pc and not heavily dependent on ur net speed )

Vendictus ( feels old and it is instance game with joined hub, if u into those games then u will enjoy it otherwise it will feel boring.. but it is free )

WOW (is good and it will last long after u get bored of it, so dont worry about it going down anytime soon, about subscription they changed it so u can get it with in game currency now :) )

Guild wars 2 ( amazing game, but keeps releasing expansions that u need money to unlock .... and it sometimes takes away any feeling of accomplishment since once u buy the new expansion u get free lvl to max )

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'd recommend a cellphone mmorpg, they seem to be the future.

3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

ha, I played one a long time ago. it was called arcane something. there were 3 classes and a well developed pet system. it got quite boring though for some reason...

4. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

I saw an add for one on Facebook but cant remember what it was called. Had a bunch of mages.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i have been going through this cycle for years

want to play MMO
    spend hours browsing for one, reading reviews
    eventually settle on one, spend $ or time downloading, installing it
    play for 1-2 hours, feel bored

eventually i figured out that games haven't changed, but i had and i couldn't enjoy those games anymore because i was in a different phase of life

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Lol Firk that bs , games have changed, mostly for the worse. I have almost no time for games, but even I recognize most new games are Firking garbage.

I actually really enjoy vainglory, a well made modern cellphone moba. But most games aren't that good compared to games like final fantasy ps1 era, Warcraft RTS series, and all those "mediocre" games of the past which are legendary compared to 90% of the ass out now.

Just so we are clear, I think pox was bad when I started (pay to win). When I came back, it seemed like a perfect game to get into because it seemed to be under rapid community development (no1 cares graphics in all honesty ). Now it is under a really slow development cycle, and many the ideas that I feel did not make old games healthy, are still in pox, as "features ". Not going to comment on balance, there's only about 4 people who respect my opinion in real life, and 3 of them know me too well not to. And balance is a devicive topic. Divisive.

Valkyr likes this.