I think Europe should let in more refugees

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

addition: they talk a lot.
    the eritrean has not seen his wife for 5 years but he hopes to be able to reunite in the future
    He travelled through Ethiopia,Sudan and Libya and into Italy to avoid mandatory military service in the Eritrean dictatorship. Sudan was warmer than Ethiopia and Eritrea. He is christian and worships once a week in Rotterdam and sometimes Zaandam. the woman turns out to be of partial indonesian descent, her mother was protestant but she herself does not remember ever going to a church. her mother talks to dead people (ghosts) which she thinks is more inspired by older indonesian superstitious beliefs. the woman laughs while recounting how her mother sometimes told her not to take a seat as a child because they were already occupied.

they are back on distinguishing terms like "Always" "not Always" and "never" and moving on to other words again. especially containing the sound "ui" which he has a tendency to make "ou".

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

hmm so 71% vs 29% then is about the same also then since its not 100% islamic terrorist and therefor islamic terrorists is just a figure of minds?
    if you take 2B and multiply it with 0.01 or with 0 it mathers, but besides that not really

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You think 2 years is enough to show you a larger trend?
    2 yeas is nothing, barely the lenght of a US election.
    you can't just take 2 datapoints and use them like that, ask Sokolov

iPox likes this.
  4. Hierokliff

hmm but i didnt post that to show that KKK is the big threat it was burnie, i just looked at first page and i just wonder if he even reads what he posts sometimes?
    and if you look at terrorist sites info over the last years its overwhelming islamic terrorists that are listed, but those are maybe only alt-right sites / fakenews?

still waiting for him to post some rightwing terrorist attacks from the last year
    but soon he comes mumbling about school shotings etc like that is anything related to terrorism?

anywhere i look the trend are:
    jihadists terrorist are attacking more

btw found an intresting site, europol, is that also a rightwing fakenews site?
    https://www.europol.europa.eu/activ...ion-terrorism-situation-and-trend-report-2015

but no long term trends though, just some numbers here and there,
    still alot of talk about rightwing is the big evil
    but in almost every page the left-wing had the lead, and the religion a bit higher.
    and then UK that dont specify, how can we get info if countries dont specifiy things?

the good thing here is they dont specify what religion, but imo religion is the big evil
    upload_2017-6-7_12-31-43.png

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

and if you look at the 1970's it's Irish and mollucan nationalists. Waves come and go but if you try to fight waves by throwing rocks in the water you'l just be making more waves.

6. Hierokliff

hmm and you dont think we should do anything about the environment either since waves come and go instead of get facts, talk about it and solve the problem.
    ...waves come and go...

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Of course we do but you are just arguing about how YOUR country is failing + MUSLIMS and the merrycans only talk about MUSLIMS.

which is stupid.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Context is so irrelevant these days

It's like you're too stupid to understand the arc of right wing terrorism and why Muslim terrorism is so hyped while others aren't.

Hint: its people like you, super and ragic

You see muslims as one big entity and all terrorism is muslim. But christian fundamentalists doing the exact same thing is irrelevant.

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

the problem isn't about Islamic religion that went extremist. The problem is that the extremism and desperation born from social inequality found another way to explode into radical islamism. If it wasn't islam, it would be another form of extremism. Plus the fact that when extremism get in couple with religion, people tend to become even more "extreme" , because religion teaches you to " don't reason, trust me".

jeeperz2, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Meh, poor Christians aren't killing women and children because they can't find a job. Quit trying to excuse terrorism.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its not excusing. its explaining why it happens. You know whats the problem with conservative religious people? that if you point out the problem and give charity, you are a saint, but if you try to understand the reasons why there is the problem and solve it at the root, you suddenly are a communist. Because you don't want to change to better society, you just want to defend the privileges you were lucky enought to inherit. That's why i will continue to consider religious conservatives "heartless ignorants", not as an offence but as a fact.

Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  12. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Except they are.

MaruXV and BurnPyro like this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

current terrorist are like school shooters but with the promise of getting featured in a poster in the isis webzine and hailed as a hero to the cause.
    the designated enemy is just not "the people at school/work/the police" but "the west bombing my people in Syria/the middle east"

I think me and Burns both did say in one of the gun control threads that if we have had acces to guns the bar to getting some blaze of glory justice on people was a tantalizing thought when we were younger and perhaps less balanced as persons.

perhaps the combination of being criminals and alienated because of perceived bias against muslims and a lack of social control due to the decrease in personel communication within our enviroments as a manchester policeman warned Theresa May about back in 2015 when she cut funding combined with ISIS propaganda is proving quite effective but it is not inherently different from a kid with a gun going to school, a christian with a gun walking into an abortion clinic, or a black man shooting policemen in the US.

so there are multiple fronts on which we can and need to tackle the issue of radicalisation and domestic terrorism. further alienation of muslims is not one of them.

as for immigration that is currently handled by countries individually but would probably be better suited by a unified european aproach to take pressure of both the countries first visited by the migration influx and those with low populations. the problem here is that this takes time and money and the bureaucratic power does not exist internationally nor in many countries to tackle the wave ( which thankfully seems to decline a bit)

this needs to be coupled with a system where economic migrants, usually those better off and better educated in their country of origin and therefore vital to the development of these countries are disuaded from coming over somehow.

I think we can all agree on these following points right?
    1. terrorism needs to be handled the best way possible
    2. discrimination is bad
    3. sudden international problems in regards to dealing with migrants are hard
    4. economic migrants though understandable need to be disuaded from abandoning their country of origin.
    5. actual refugees need help.

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

"Why is it libs always try to flip the script, nobody likes terrorists whether it be kkk or radical Muslims. I want the same repercussions for the kkk as I do radical Muslims, it just so happens that a large amount of terror attacks are consistently from the Muslim communities.

The more we sit and argue about whose worse, the less is accomplished.

We all agree terrorists are bad of any color
    Nobody wants to see innocent people die
    And everyone wants to help the refugees

Most all of us agree on all those points, so maybe we should go from there."

I suppose i'll continue copying and pasting this until you guys actually start getting somewhere, you are all constantly running in circles. It's religion, it's white people, it's Muslims, it's Europeans. Firk at this point it's just today's society as a collective whole.

Some new points to add

Most terror attacks are committed by Muslims

What are we considering right wing terror attacks ?

We need to stop making excuses, a terror attack is a terror attack regardless of what terrible lives people lead. I had a rough life at the beginning it didn't drive me to any religion or make me blow Bane Shift up or kill innocent people.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Ok we get it you don't like freedom of religion it's literally the first thing written in my countries constitution because of the entire spanish inquisition wants to murder us all thing.

I am willing to compromise if you give up first and second amendmend rights. how's that sound? if you are gonna be stupid about this lets all be stupid aout this you moronic Firk.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If it did attribute to the ignorance you display today, I wouldn't rule anything out.

At this point any discussion with you fails because your intellectual capabilities, combined with what I can only assume is a terribly ignorant surrounding, are simply too poor.

17. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Actually, it almost always has been. Our support system for the mentally ill in America went down the tubes many years ago. Besides, "White Christian" is about as descriptive as "Asian", "European", etc. In America, "White Christian" is used as a catch-all term so much that it has next to no meaning. And yes, the typical "White Christian" mass-shooter has been about as Christian as a bicycle in a garage is a car.

Granted, none of that is really relevant to the discussion, I just thought I'd take this moment to quickly rant about the trivializing of terms and awfulness of the US mental health support systems (most of the "White Christian" mass shooters would have been placed in mental institutions many many years ago).

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so it is an acurate comparison?

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

As someone who has an uncle with schizophrenia, I think more people need to be forced into help programs instead of the current catch and release and hope they keep taking their meds.

My family and I admitted my uncle twice, and instead of keeping him, since they can't against his will they release him back into society and he stops taking his meds. America has failed on a number of things like this.

SireofSuns likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

there is a guest at 52 minutes in which speaks on a bunch of topics we are discussing here @Ragic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.