I think lightning theme could use some love

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by themacca, Jul 27, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Just a thought lightnings really lacking some stuff atm. a way to redistribute rods wouldnt be half bad. maybe an amp besides just spark charge (even though its good) maybe another lightning storm champ too. the fact we had to steal one from IS is embarrassing .

IMAGIRL and OriginalG1 like this.
  2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Lighting is the DMG type with less Imunnity/Eater abbilities, so, it's hard to counter (most decks doesn't have an counter). Saying this, I think it doesn't need Amp, since they are allready strong, but I would like to see more Elec champions come to the game, specially some support like Demon Lich, that deal Fire DMG to cleanse/heal, it would be good to have one with the same premise but with Elec DMG.

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

The only thing that the theme needs is the proliferation of Electricity Eater AND lightning aoe abilities (that doesnt paralyze your own units?). As of now, with only 3 champs (FStorm, OGolem, LElemental), its hardly a viable challenge against fire synergy.

But the core issue imo: there's just no room for an elec-focused theme given the champs are shared with other themes

I think this is due to:
    1) LESS focused design on elec -> some are given too many abilities, some are a mixmatch for other themes

(a) spark crone's synergy in spark curse+static greeting is good, but he is potentially super expensive with Storm Acolyte. While with his base HP and non melee range, its too easy one-rounding him by melee or range. (10 nora of forced synergy into his design) In the past, he might have some uses with Para Feedback + Storm Acolyte healing back to 3/4th HP or something.... Even then he's still overcosted

(b) stormflyer is also in voils w Sonic Flight (6 nora of almost no benefits at all for a dedicated elec BG, best give him an option)

(c) Stormcaller is also in clops w Aid Defense on base (7 nora of almost no benefits at all for elec BGs)

(d) Barb Bolt's Wind Aura+Skylancer (8 nora) is unneeded at best. At most it'll deflight my stormflyers, and with the lack of Skylancers in an FF SP electricity theme BG, his 8 nora becomes increasingly useless

Compare it to say, Demon Lich, Ash Demon, Ember Wasp, Fire Elemental, Fire Phoenix. Most of them have their kit dedicated to a fire theme, they aren't mixmatched with other themes. AND IF THEY ARE.... they get the options to pick which themes to focus based on upgrades.

2) LESS kit to choose from
    While its easy in UD's fire since Fire eater is everywhere, the choices for Electricity theme is lackluster in numbers. You already have 6 autos: all 3 elec eater champs. And 1 of em is in IS... lol

fire: fester (anti heal), flame siphon (noragen), cleansing flm (dispel), etc.

3) Static Aura
    Is this really worth 8 nora? Unless the opponent has wandering or can be dragged 3x while Spark Charging, I don't think this ability is worth it. And that thing is on Breaker and Stormflyer. At most it'll damage for 4 if a melee champ engages you. But if you know that the champion has a Static Aura, why bother running around ~2 spaces of the said champ?

Sure its sometimes a go-to ghetto-detect, but in general, a base ability that costs 8 nora should be something that has an impact... so unless its on a Fascinate/Repulsion champ.. I don't see how its priced 8 nora while being situationally useful.

4. themacca

i agree with a lot of this but i dont believe simply comparing it to UD's fire is a viable way to get the argument across. bottom line is they've clearly made an effort to make this playstyle into a theme but then they've just given up on rounding it off and pretty much all we're left with for this theme is lightning rod and not much else really fits into it as a majority of the champs have like 1 ability that synergizes with the theme and the rest is random garbage

5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I think Static Aura is pretty good for healing w Acolyte on Stormflyer, but otherwise eh.
    mb SP will get another electricity rune this exp.

6. Bellagion

Also no joke I think IS/SP electric could do well in this meta. Someone give me Fury of the Storm x2, Metallic Slag and the electric griffin x2 and I'll play it in the top 50

7. themacca

Will do hit me up if you see me in game

Edit: This is a loan

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  8. Bellagion

Okay. I appreciate it.

9. Bellagion

Here's my first draft of a bg. Thoughts? @the elec.png macca

10. Ifem21

One more Fury and Voil and you are the way to go.

11. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

12. Bellagion

ya, I need to get another Fury. So far I super Firked up my first two games then won several after. IS is a big pain for me though.

13. Ifem21

Yeah, I prefer using my mix fire/elec, Zoalt is a beast is there.

14. Bellagion

Unfortunately, this deck has a hell of a time dealing with current SL bgs. It's almost an auto-lose vs Dragons with Prismatic (Void Shield), Krikkinwing Alpha and any Rage Banded things. I put in a State of Confusion, but it's still an uphill battle. I wonder if Moga Spark might be decent to sit around and spark charge, although the upfront investment would not be efficient at all.

15. Ifem21

We need some way to deal with this Void Shield Guys, but in SP is pretty hard to find it. That's why the UD/SP fire/elec split works, Fading Recolection ;).

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Divine Dispersal over Disarm?
    Idk, tired, only thing that comes to mind atm.

I'm a big fan of lightning decks conceptually, but I didn't get to play one yet. Dem credits running short. I've built a lot of theoretical versions tho.
    I've also thought about KF/SP with Skystorm Spears, Skylancers, Wind Aura (Jek and Barbarian Bolt), lots of VP, Condor Fury... just a lot of electricity and flying/grounded based advantages. Kind of clunky tho.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  17. Sirius

Void Shield gets rekt by Dispel (I know cuz I casted Purge on my Prismatic one game and Void Shield went away ;-; ). I like to run Dispel in any deck where I can and now I don't need to justify Cavernkeeper because we got Hyaenid Dreamcrusher, with Electric dmg and Dispel.

In fact, I consider Dreamcrusher (Electric dmg and Dispel) and Mundunugu (Electric dmg and Metamorphosis) auto-includes in ANY lightning deck. To the point where I don't even think about them, I just slap them in, 1x each at least.

I promise to post a couple of lightning decks I've tinkered with theoretically, for the fun of it. But after I rest.

18. themacca

I already informed him of this :p

19. Sirius

Saying that is not useful, it's a waste of space. There are obviously multiple people watching this thread who didn't know/realize this. There are also those who thought to provide advice (like me). It would've been much better to update the thread with that information yourself, so you could help a bunch of people and save others the effort.

But yeah, good job.

20. themacca

why so sirius?