I tryed to play again after a year, but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kissofpain, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

If you get hit by a one time cheese deck why waste time to know about it?

I try not to overcomplicate things, in example if i lost the game because of something i don`t know what was i usualy don`t bother until i lose to the same stuff again. Also spending time on all the opponent are doing can often hurt the time i should be focus on my own actions, and that is what i try to focus on, my own actions.

Trying to have a understanding of the deck and how to apply it on the board against opponent. That is hard enough tbh. Trying to know everything every faction can(and usualy will) use against you is harder.

Tldr; Focus on youre deck, play youre game and you will eventualy know what hit you because it has happened before & don`t try to understand everything the opponent does right away.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I think his issue was more along the lines of the combat log straight up not giving him access to any spell cast by enemy, not just one from a cheese deck. He's not wrong here.

3. Varthas

Yes but that is nothing new. You can see the name of the spell still and if it is "that" important it is easy to look up?

4. Etherielin

It should be available in game, just as it was in the past.

5. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

wow,
    , so your suggesting that while in game , within the 2 min turn , a player spends part of thier turn looking up the definition of spells? and thats ok?
    again. wow.

6. Varthas

Wow yes wow no wow! I don`t care, i wow think that wow who should care wow? If it is that important then yes, look it up, or wait untill the game is over wow. If a player see a spell is cast or something happens with a spell, wow, and before you could wow hover above it and see what it did, does it change anything? Can he undo the spell that the opponent has already casted?

Why not wow wait until the wow game are over and check it if it is so important? Why the need to know it immediatly when it doesnt wow matter?

wow!

7. Varthas

Also if the wow player has any idea about time managment he can for wow`s sake check it out on the opposite players turn, that is 2 free minutes to go find what the spell did. Wow imagine that? He can just use his free 2 minutes and easily check it. I manage to grind and filter coffee, wow, and make a sandwich wow, and wow have a smokah wow while opponent has his 2 minutes. wow. I think it would be possible to wow check out a spell in those 2 minutes aswell.

Sometimes i wow can take the dog outside in the 2 minutes, or get more wood in the stove.

Just wow!

8. Etherielin

Fentum likes this.
  9. bambino

heh. again. wow..
    before I go on,, lets go with the idea that not everyone has 40hours a week to play/forum pox nora. pox has hearty learning curve for sure, , and the game should strive to offer every opportunity to give the user as much information as possible.

me and a few buds played pox back in the day and recently getting back in. many changes...
    anyway my friends are playing a match amd one is within the aoe of a sandspout, lmao 2 more turns , he still dont know why the blindness continues, ,
    been along time so I couldn't offer an answer atm,,, later we looked , my friend pissd "so if I moved over I space I would have been good? that would have been nice to know"lol.
    .... @Varthas u seem to think that once a spell is cast , u dont need to know anymore about the spell,, sandspout is an example of u being wrong. I believe kf spell has similar mechanic...

but lets get serious for a moment,,
    we are heading into 2018 gaming
    .. and u think its ok that a player should have to leave the actual game he is in?,, to go searching through websites for effects and abilities while its his opponents turn?
    LMFAO! what game does this (successful)?
    has you goin to 3rd party web sites while u learn and play matches. ..!! I guess games with 6 people in the lobby do..
    I can go on ,, been here forever,, nobody wants pox to succeed more then me..

yet all the info I need should be within the actual game im playing at my fingertips ,, especially a tbs in 2017..
    but if u think its ok to have people not having the game screen up at all times during their match.? not just on an individual level. but as a game in general.
    then yeah;
    WOW!! :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Varthas and Fentum like this.
  10. Etherielin

You're always welcome to join us on Discord - it's not the best solution, but it helps when you're not certain about the spell effect and need a quick answer. You also get to receive positive feedback and help if your deck seems underperforming so yay!

bambino likes this.
  11. Varthas

ahh sandspout and the Kf spell i also fell for that i didn`t move away. Both i had to check what have happened. The battlelog scrolls so fast it get to much to fast, i wish there was a log with only champ/relic/equip deploys + spell casted it would have been easier. And it should be as you want it with "hold over" to highlight whats going on, it had made the game much easier, i totaly agree.

And i don`t think a player should leave during a game and not using a third party either. I always have Poxnora rune manager open in the background when i Pox, now when i play fullscreen i must first press alt+enter to go windowed then go to rune checklist from rune manager, and then i use dropdown menu to isolate the faction i play against, and then i can check wich spell he used. I do that in less than 20 seconds. While faction dropdownmenu loads i usualy go back to the game because i wont bother watching the 5 seconds the page loads but don`t need to leave the game, just a quick multitasking.

Yes i think it is ok to not have game screen up at all times, i do this all the time. But i did it more with the old client because i never played fullscreen with it. Now with the new and better client i can go full screen/windowed instantly and i have got much more focus on the game.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

More likely I think the people who wan to play this game are lucky DOG doesn’t do the smart thing and just set it on fire.

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It is hard to see how they make money from it at this point.

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

honestly itd be great if they could fix the bug that causes, misclicks. The one that freezes a champ's range of motion or directs a champ to complete an action intended for a different champ

15. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

press f1? what's that do?

what were the og resolution settings?

16. Etherielin

F1 disables autopanning.

I believe that you weren't able to go above 1440 x 900 in the old client. Not 100% sure.

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

and then?
    they just need to get some balance here, work out worst bugs, get out a couple expansions out per year, and they can keep the game going for a lot with few resources. I mean, they are not going to get millions from this, but they can focus on other projects and then keep pox running.

18. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I do it

19. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I agree, but if you drag a new rune from your dock to a non playable space it should fix the problem if you are stuck

Makorov likes this.
  20. bambino

Im just not sure if doing something qualifies as a good enough reason for other people to do it.
    my point is should we have to do it?
    having players learning about the info of the game is not the issue.
    having players looking for information for the game is. that goes for any game.

I guess when I pay money (purchase of runes etc) and I sit down for an hour or 2 of entertainment, ,, I wanna have the game up ,, looking at the nice graphics and swept away into the world of pox...
    closing that screen to go find out why my man cant move after 2 turns kinda shatters that fantasy,, a bit:)
    im sure thats what a new player is looking for when joining pox,,

not having the feature kinda sux,
    having it,, then having it taken away is classic pox.