I wanna play Hyanid/Djinn

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by fattyy2k, May 9, 2015.

1. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Double jab is so good :D

soulmilk likes this.
  2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the tip. I assumed it worked a bit like crushing charge (knocking champions to sideways rather than knocking a champion towards the fire wall). Still, leap 3 gives you 8 speed font rusher and allows for better positioning for flameburst and stun brings a new source of non-whispers cc.

3. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Anyone tried out The Resistance yet?
    For me, looking at it on paper, it seems to fall short.

Hyaenids likes ganging up on 1 Champion, but Burn doesn't stack. So it feels weird.
    Slam on Djinns is really nice and can combo with the Flamefist, but Hyaenid BGs tend to play a very small amount of Djinns, if any at all.

Any thoughts?

4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Burn is to stack more DoT, since nids work this way, it don't stack, but you can apply burn to every enemy champ that way.

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

On Hyaenid Flamefist, the ability Dashing Maneuver says "This champion moves 3 spaces in a straight line" and the ability Trail: Fire Wall says "Whenever this champion moves, The spaces this unit occupies becomes a firewall" yet Dashing Maneuver does not trigger Firewall.
    It's possible something weird happens because of the knockback part on Dashing Maneuver.

I don't know if this is working as intended or not.
    But it seems weirdly worded if this is intended.

Please note, this rune does not need a buff. It's already super strong as is. Just find the wording confusing.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

I like the resistance in theory. Am I wrong in thinking that the current crop of djinns is just not very good though? Dew seems like the best to me. Ifrit has the best grant but the champ is a real boom or bust kinda champ - either he is going to destroy some poor person who has no alt-damage or he is just going to get blown up. Marid is pretty reasonable. I don't like Dao at all but maybe I'm not seeing it.

It really feels like you're better off just running all Nids. And hey, run the resistance anyways and get a poor man's fire for effect.

soulmilk likes this.
  7. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

Whoa, according to poxbase, Marid's grant costs as much as Ifrit's grant. I guess that's why he feels a little underwhelming. One grants an 8 nora ability and one grants a 14 nora ability! This is probably a manual cost modifier thing though. Since the abilities are only on one champ I imagine PB is just estimating the ability cost (unless that's all in the XML I dunno). It has Dew just paying 4 nora for its grant, which seems crazy cheap compared to the others.

Also, still no change to soul channeling :(

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

PB ability costs are right on. DOG has an API that has all champs, abilities, and Nora costs.

SPiEkY likes this.