"I want to complain about Cleansing Emerald being moved from SP"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Sep 21, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Here's a thread for it. Genuinely curious to hear why people feel that losing Cleanse was such a big deal, especially a version as expensive as the Emerald.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Because people feel that only the most obvious form of counterplay is the only one.

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

t. guy who plays the faction with tons of disposable fodder units and god tier lategame so it doesn't have to suffer Reverberating **** turns like UD or SP.

super71 likes this.
  4. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Reverb is such easy mode against UD. Not like UD is bad enough turns the win % straight to 100% tbh.

At least SP has mika/tornado guy/witch doctor. To do something about it. Also spamming a lot of dudes makes it a lot less effective on SP than UDs typically 80+ fatties.

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Probably because spot Cleanse is really strong and now the faction has no source of it. SP may not have needed it in the first place but I don't see why they shouldn't have it, nor do I see why ST should when they already have one of the best spell/relic/equip sets in the game.

I feel bad for SP players losing out on that, I'm not particularly invested in the faction but I'd be pissed if FW lost Soul Reaver or something for no apparent reason.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

There is a reason.

7. potatonuts

Did you want to explain it or do i have to figure it out by myself?

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Maybe give SP an easy form of spot dispel to balance it out

9. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

How come SL gets AoE Dispe/Cleansel(Purge) and a spot cleanse/aoe dispel cheapo equip(God Staff).

Wrath cleanse deficiency and Prot Dispel deficiency balancing or some Bane Shift. Alos faction flavor or something except 2 wrath factions still have spot cleanse. Basically "some factions are weakers than others at some things and defining wrath vs prot" strengths vs weaknesses but it was extremely one sided and Prot still gets to do almost everything good Wrath can for the most part.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- To take the heat off free damage mitigation and regen?

11. potatonuts

I figured it would be something like that but faction identity shouldn't influence changes like this. Throwing runes around between factions like that is going to affect the balance of the game and it's unfair on the players who's faction is getting nerfed. If the devs really want Wrath to have Dispel and Prot to have Cleanse then they should fully integrate that into the game with one big patch that takes into account all the implications that a change like that brings.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  12. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I agree 200%.

@Sokolov

Varu Howler belongs in SP along with his brother Steelpine Bearcat.

13. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Don't let this distract you from the fact that they removed /saxy

MrBadguy and MaruXV like this.
  14. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Spot cleanse is huge. Remove spot cleanse from ST, KF, IS, and FS... It would screw them up. How would you think it WOULDN'T affect SP? o_O
    Weren't you the guy just talking about tempo?? Having spot cleanse counters a power turn setup from your opponent and would usually turn it around on them. Keeps that tempo marching bruh...

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

emerald made sp extremely solid in meta and themes. also sp was already great for splits and emerald was a +++ to any split sp. removing emerald and giving another aoe cleanse wouldn't change it. so they decided to just remove. maybe a cleanse-like effect with some drawback might boost sp enough to be top again. also not many sp mains are up right now, that also doesn't help the faction to be represented

16. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I agree with you in that it doesn't encourage it but SP has been god tier a lot of times in the past and people still don't like it that much. It's the same story with FS for what I imagine to be aesthetic reasons.

17. Bondman007

Probably so, but the faction does remain one of typically higher skill to pilot. Also, @Ballballer, arguably the best SP player around for the last two years, made the comment that losing the spot cleanse in SP was one of the harshest nerfs to a faction since the games inception. Also note that I don't even know if he played a handful of games after the emerald was lost because of the poor performance of the faction's play (coupled with the fact that nearly every theme in the faction was nerfed somehow or another).
    SP is probably the strongest in splits atm and not FF. Again, I mentioned this in the other thread, my win % with FF SP tanked hard after that last round of nerfs (certainly not that I need to be the standard in which to judge the faction's competitiveness, but I was successful with it). I guess it is finally "balanced."
    Kudos

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  18. Bondman007

Besides the other comments made in this thread, it really also boils down to the fact that DMR made:
    They said the reason to remove it from SP in the first place was to keep cleanse in prot and dispel in wrath. Sounds like gibberish to me. The move was just an outright nerf.
    You know, as good and knowledgeable as you guys claim to be about this game, can you not realize that you can only nerf stuff to a certain extent to where it is no longer competitive with the meta. MANY of the top tier runes in SP bought the bullet and has caused the faction to tank. Was it ever really popular? No, but it was competitive. Now I'm not so sure...
    If you guys think it is just easy mode, well, make a BG and prove it...

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

SP could easily tank the emerald nerf if Steeslpine Bearcat and Varu Howler migrated in order to bolster the beast theme. Those runes make literally no sense in SL anyway.

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I mean, I'm not saying they should lose faction SL(though they probably should and you didn't hear it from me). They could be SP/SL runes at first just like SP is sharing all the Kanen with those lizard ****s and they could eventually become SP runes once they're assimilated properly through a transitional period of like 3 months.